Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin00

Reaction score
Does anybody know of an snake breeders in cairns, im looking to get a hatchy, of either a Jungle, Black headed python or Childrens. It seems that cairns is in a real draught of breeders, and the more I read about buying from pet shops the more im going off the idea, So please please help if you can

You're a reptile volly at the cairns tropical zoo aren't you? I'm a mammals volly there myself. Have you asked some of the reptile staff there if any of them are breeding their snakes? I know a fair few of the reptile staff have their own snake collections and a couple of them breed them too. Or even ask them if they know anyone that may be breeding snakes this year.

pm me with what your after ill have a few animals for sale this season

Scorps

You're a reptile volly at the cairns tropical zoo aren't you? I'm a mammals volly there myself. Have you asked some of the reptile staff there if any of them are breeding their snakes? I know a fair few of the reptile staff have their own snake collections and a couple of them breed them too. Or even ask them if they know anyone that may be breeding snakes this year.

Yeah im a volley with the reptiles, thats so cool your a volley as well :). An excellent idea, I didn't occur to me that surely some of the keepers would breed some of their collection thanks

What day/s do you volunteer? I used to do Mon/Wed, but now it's just Wed. I'm hopefully getting my olive python from someone there and like you I'm still deciding on what species I want for my second snake. Currently tossing up between a jungle and a bhp myself.

I'd love to check out your mouse breeding set up! I'm thinking of breeding rats next year so I have my own food supply and I'm curious about everyone's setups.

Oh im just there on Thursdays, and that cool about you getting an Olive Python, there such gentle snakes, so curious to lol. And i reckon you should get a Jungle for your second snake, though I just love Jungles soo much there so pretty. Im kinda leaning towards perhaps an inland carpet for my first I don't know yet.

Oh my mouse breeding set up is not like really pro, in that its just two average size cages (the mice ones you get from the pet store) and yeah I only have four mice. So its pretty simple though it will be perfect for a personal food supply.

I thought you were going to say "inland taipan" for a moment. :D

I might have to come in on a Thurs some day!
Hmm, inland taipan...I might pass on that one for now as well.

scorps, what snakes do you breed out of curiosity?

Hey,
If you are chasing a Jungle, I can PM you the details of the guy I bought mine off earlier in the year.

I'm not sure if he's breeding again this season, but if he his, he probably wouldn't want to sell them for 3-4 months yet until they are all feeding etc.

I no where to get centralian carpets in cairns (bredli's) if your keen and a few other species I have jungles due to breed next year also I to live in cairns and have applied to volley in cairns tropical zoo but apparently full till january next year

Last edited:
Where in Cairns are you Jez? I'd love to see pics of your jungles! (or all your snakes!!) We have a couple of jungles at work of varying ages and they all have so much personality!

I live in parramatta park my jungles are 2yrs old also have bhp, bredli and murray darling

Oh ok thanks lgratten80, I am kinda looking to getting a snake within the next 2-3 weeks. But yeah I will grab those details off you for further reference, as im begining to learn when looking to get a new snake you have to arrange things a couple months ahead.

Aww jez, im so jealous you have jungle pythons, they are the most beautiful snakes!!! If my first snake isn't a Jungle it definately will be my second for sure

Also guys one of my friends recommended buying a snake from pythons1.com.au, and i checked them out and they seem pretty decent and found that they had young Inland Carpets!!! so does anybody else on here use them, or whats your opinions on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back