Cairns Meet - 09...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple of Eulamprus sp's.. to me they look like quoyii and tenuis
Eulamprus.jpg

Eulamprus1.jpg

Those tube nosed bats are nothing less than absolutely BALLTEARING...

Otherwise all very nice... I'm very sorry I didn't go out, but when you're generally unemployed, you've got to take work when you can get it. :(

-H

and also this Northern Barred Frog, which arn't all that uncommon around the Cairns area, we found a couple around the place..
NorthernBarred.jpg

We can see youre a funguy (fungi) to be with jas !!!
Top pic's by the way, how do you manage to get that close? or do you have a good zoom ?

We can see youre a funguy (fungi) to be with jas !!!
Top pic by the way, how do you manage to get that close? or do you have a good zoom ?

Nah, just a ****ty base model Nikon SLR with kit lenses...nothing flash for me...I just keep hacking away untill something works. One day I'll get myself a macro lense and take over the world!

Shame use didnt see more reps, I have been herping a little bit lately not much around atm but i guess all the terential rain has something to do with it.

Shame use didnt see more reps, I have been herping a little bit lately not much around atm but i guess all the terential rain has something to do with it.

Only part the way through the story so far, it picked up towards the end..I was more than happy with what we saw.

Slim6y took us out to one of his fav places, unfortunately we didn't have a boat
x-5.jpg

so we headed of south of Cairns to check out some beaches ect..., found some large angry birds, so we all got out of the cars and took pics of them, it followed us back to the car and we found out they don't like the look of themselves in the reflection of the car window...
xx-3.jpg

Well anyway, we checked out some beaches, found some dainties, and drove around the cane fields on the way home that night for very little, plenty of frogs and toads were all over the road however, inc this white lipped.
xxx.jpg

Dainty1.jpg

Dainty2.jpg

Whitelipped.jpg

anyway......we soon decided to head out west for an overnighter...see some county side ect ect..so we thought we would head out to Mt Suprise / Georgetown for a quick look...interesting place, bird & Macropod lovers dream..... the creek was up west of Mt Suprise so Georgetown was not going to happen..
MtSuprise.jpg

roadtoGeorgetown.jpg

Did you have a look at Russell's snakes? I drove through Mt Surprise last November. His sign intrigued me, but I didn't stop for a look.

Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back