Cairns Meet - 09...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photos Jason, I think your frog is an Australian Wood Frog (Hylarana daemeli) ... surprised one would find them in brackish water though.

Aaron

Ah yes, just looked it up, thats the beast... any chance you can look at the little frog towards the start of the thread, the one that looks a bit like a Uperoleia.

If that Uperoleia is from the Mount Surprise area it is likely to be Uperoleia littlejohni. The dorsal markings seem right for that species and its a good find. You don't see many photos of this species around.

Aaron

If that Uperoleia is from the Mount Surprise area it is likely to be Uperoleia littlejohni. The dorsal markings seem right for that species and its a good find. You don't see many photos of this species around.

Aaron

Yep, it was just west of Mt Suprise, paid off stopping for the "baby toads" after all ;), many thanks, Jas.

Where's the rest of the fungi photos?
I think I saw more frogs in that one week than I ever have in my life before.
It would seem I'm bad luck for scrubbies, I don't think I've ver put a visitor onto one, yet you find one on the trip without me.
It was a great week and I must apologise for being such a grumpy bugger at times.

I'll get around to the fungi, and a few other random pics soon...I might add, we saw plenty of things I didn't bother to photograph..or took off before I had a chance to... other things we saw include, Boyds, Northern Leaf tail gecko, a unidentified "nasty brown coloured snake" ( couldn't see it's head in the grass), Saw Shell turts, a still squirming Slatey Grey soon to die road kill, a Small Eye and a stack of frogs and skinks... Oh Mags, I got my Oxe Eye Herring and JP that next morning..JP from the second cast..but it wasn't in the same class as Uro's beast though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back