Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeluvver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well Im off to cairns in a couple of hours, very excited! Ill be staying near the city for most of the time, but the last 2 nights will be in the middle of the rainforest near daintree.
Ill be visiting Kuranda NP, going scuba diving and doing some night walks in daintree, and I'll post updates if I find something interesting while I'm up there!
Stay tuned ;)

Have fun! Middle of the rainforest sounds cool

Have a good time Al. Cairns is my most favourite place of all those I've visited. I'm very jealous

Well we went to kuranda today and had a walk around the NP. We saw some small skinks I couldn't ID as they were too fast, plus a majors skink :D
Very pleased with the major skink, he was a big fatty but I almost missed him as he camouflaged well. I got a blurry pic but I can't post it as I'm on an iPhone, so I'll post a pic of it along with pics of whatever else I find when I get home.

Diving on the great barrier reef today, saw a barracuda among other things, having a great time so far doing more diving tommorow

Well... a week in tropical north queensland including 2 days in the daintree where I did a guided nightwalk through the rainforest, and on the whole trip the only reptiles I saw were a majors skink and an eastern water dragon. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.

What certification do you have? At your ages you're allowed to do open water which lets you go to 18 metres

Well... a week in tropical north queensland including 2 days in the daintree where I did a guided nightwalk through the rainforest, and on the whole trip the only reptiles I saw were a majors skink and an eastern water dragon. Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.
Pics or it didnt happen.. haha. no just jokin. Shame thats all you saw, I would have expected more than that to be seen. Hope you had a good trip though.

Pics or it didnt happen.. haha. no just jokin. Shame thats all you saw, I would have expected more than that to be seen. Hope you had a good trip though.
Ironically, I just got back and in the car trip to my friends house and back I saw 2 snakes trying to cross the road :|

Nah that was school camp in woodford, there wasnt a single leech in cairns surprisingly, too dry I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back