Call to release giant Philippine crocodile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ANIMAL rights activists are urging Philippine authorities to return a captured giant crocodile back to the wild.

i7_jr75MqKM

Published On: 10-Sep-11 05:25 PM
Source: AP via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

Why not release it. He will only need to eat 1 fisherman a year to survive. Im pretty sure more than 1 fisherman would drown each year, so where does the problem lie?

How come they caught him in the first place? If he had already killed someone, there's no way he'd be allowed to go back. Hunters would kill him if he killed a person,

Having a rogue croc on the loose will create public fear which in turn will harm other crocs

Edit:
Its PETA saying he should be returned, that's enough evidence for me that he should stay in captivity lol

But what they are suggesting could be right. Having a crocodile that big in captivity is only endangering the carers. And what are the chances of his health deteriorating in captivity. Its a catch 22 really. He should be free but the minute he attacks someone he is going to be in danger of being killed or re-captured, and I am sure I would feel the same as anyone who would lose a family member, or attacked myself, by that.

Hope they do theres about 7000 lsands thant make up the philippines so there has to be somewhere they can realese it away from humans

If PETA want it free let them buy a suitable swampy area and stock it with a few of their spare activists

There is no need for carers to go anywhere near this in captivity
Just give it a nice primordial area and toss some tucker over the fence whenever it tells you its hungry
Might live for another 50 years then
But what chance would it have in the wild now that everyone knows it is there???

maybe they should feed it PETA members? thats about the only thing those drop kicks would be good use for

Hope they do theres about 7000 lsands thant make up the philippines so there has to be somewhere they can realese it away from humans

Yeah but research from Irwin and Franklin and others has shown that crocs can find their way back home...Meaning if you relocate it to another area it may be able to swim back to its original territory where it was a threat to human life....Maybe things would be different in the Philippines but in Australia most of the tagged crocs eventually returned to where they were captured.

I love animals to death but peta is an absolute embarrassment.....Their are SO many better organizations out their for animals that moronic peta.

I think they should pit this Crocodile against a Kodiak Bear and see who wins...I would pay to see that :lol:

Yeah but research from Irwin and Franklin and others has shown that crocs can find their way back home...Meaning if you relocate it to another area it may be able to swim back to its original territory where it was a threat to human life....Maybe things would be different in the Philippines but in Australia most of the tagged crocs eventually returned to where they were captured.

I love animals to death but peta is an absolute embarrassment.....Their are SO many better organizations out their for animals that moronic peta.

I think they should pit this Crocodile against a Kodiak Bear and see who wins...I would pay to see that :lol:

Thats it they found large crocs, swimming thousands of killometers down the coast and finding there way back aswell as a few they had relocated.

Thats it they found large crocs, swimming thousands of killometers down the coast and finding there way back aswell as a few they had relocated.

Yea...I wonder if the croc would be able to do the same in the Philippines as it could in a huge continent like Australia( Philippines being tons of small/medium sized islands with alot of open water/ocean) it probably could and it would dumb to take such a huge risk...and plus the croc could be used as a tourist attraction to bring in income for the impoverished people..

I want to see Alaskan Brown Bear vs Croc lol...I have seen a few huge bears when I traveled to the Alaskan Pennisula...Kodiak Island used to have tons of huge bears back in the day but they are extensively hunted now so they may be smaller...but the Alaskan Pennisula has some legit monsters and I have seen a few....The last time I went to Katmai Park I saw this enormous bear named King...Check him out

GrizzlyBay.org - The Grizzly Bear named King, page 1

In the water it would be a no-contest bout
Even though some bears swim very well a 6 metre croc would simply grab hold and submerge
The power of the bear would be absorbed by trying to fight in water so its main attack and defense, the swinging claws, would be negated
Out of the water may be a different matter because the croc would be trying to get back into its natural habitat

Come on, I've seen a big saltie drag an adult bull buffalo into the water by the nose, with ease.
No contest.

The crocs ate dinosaurs and outlived them.

In the water it would be a no-contest bout
Even though some bears swim very well a 6 metre croc would simply grab hold and submerge
The power of the bear would be absorbed by trying to fight in water so its main attack and defense, the swinging claws, would be negated
Out of the water may be a different matter because the croc would be trying to get back into its natural habitat

Yea the only thing that would beat a 6m croc in water would be a Hippo or Elephant, Rhino( through Rhinos are afraid of the water so maybe a croc could take one)

Land and very shallow water is probably a stalemate in the wild...If you forcibly pitted them to the death( which I was joking by the way) I don't know what would happen...

Bears are very strong animals and they are huge on the Alaskan Pennisula( I have personally seen 2 enormous ones while in Katmai)...Their was a good documentary on them just the other day...I will pm it to you if you are interested...through you may not be able to view it outside of the US.

y
Come on, I've seen a big saltie drag an adult bull buffalo into the water by the nose, with ease.
No contest.

The crocs ate dinosaurs and outlived them.

Have you ever seen a big brown or polar bear? They are absolutely huge and extremely stocky..I will post a thread with pictures later. But yea in water the bear would be in deep **** even through they are pretty good swimmers.

I think I saw this fight in an Amarican documentary.... Lake Placid! The croc won. :D

I think I saw this fight in an Amarican documentary.... Lake Placid! The croc won. :D

Lol it was an Alligator! Come on dude....we all know crocodiles can't survive in upstate new york but Alligators obviously can! Gators are always found in freezing cold climates :rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way where did you see the croc kill the buffalo? Sounds like an awesome site to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back