can anyone help me with what snake this is?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divan

Reaction score
we just found this little guy outside on the deck, I don't get the head in the photo but it was brown and looked like a crown snake, or maybe a little less white on the head.. just wanted to know if its still safe to be outside ATM. it's nighttime here btw
yrysezuq.jpg

The body looks like a Cacophis species(triangular in appearance), that genus also fits your description of the head markings. I would say probably squamulosus just going of the size and again body shape but there is no way I can be certain.
Did the crown extend across the nape or was it broken in the middle and extending down the sides for 1cm?

Last edited:
Are you sure you can discount Marsh or White-Lipped Snake as possibilities, based on what you can see of the body? I personally don’t think it looks like either but it is too long ago for me to be confident? Am getting old. Lol.

Blue

Are you sure you can discount Marsh or White-Lipped Snake as possibilities, based on what you can see of the body? I personally don’t think it looks like either but it is too long ago for me to be confident? Am getting old. Lol.

Blue

The triangular body pictured is a characteristic of Cacophis squamulosus, Marshies and White lipped snakes have a much more rounded body shape.
I actually own Golden Crowns and have owned Marshies so its very easy for me to tell them apart, even just by the body shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back