Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonesanlainie

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping some of the experienced herpers might be able to id this frog. It was found in Sydnam, Victoria today.149208_10150132354544278_831854277_8158612_1471636_n.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look.

to me it looks like an ornate burrowing frog. could be and probably am wrong coz the distribution for these arent usually in vic...
but thats what it looks like to me...

Looks like it is from the Lymnodynastes dumerilii (pobblebonk) complex.

It is a young Limnodynastes dumerilli, Pobblebonk or Banjo Frog

Seems to me like a Long-Thumbed Frog (Limnodynastes fletcheri).

Jordo...at least most had it down to genus....

Wow, I've never seen so many wrong answers in a ID thread :lol:

Amen.

gotta admit tho frogs can be a real pain to id so i think they have done well going with the pic supplied

The only way to ID this frog would be to take a side picture. There are many species with markings like these. It resembles an ornate burrowing frog from the top but the length and position of the front legs and the way the hands sit along with its general shape and sitting position are needed to identify. If its front feet turn in on short front arms with a squat body and an upright position its an ornate burrowing frog... most likely.

I'm gonna go with ridgie1, and say (from the picture provided) it looks like a scarlet sided pobble bonk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back