Can anyone ID this skink?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

I know what it is, can any of you id it?

P1030954.jpg

Its a banded tree skink or yellow bellied tree skink, used to be sphenomorphus tenius would be different these days depends on what cogger or richard wells feel like in the morning :)

Cool skink, there's a population of these in the city, 20m from harbour shoreline. I see the scientific name has changed, is it still referred to as the Barred-sided Skink??

I have a wild colony of these living in my garage. They see it as some sort of cave, I guess. Coincidentally, just yesterday I found one in a ziplock bag in a drawer in my garage. It seems that it found a tiny tear in the bag and snuck in but couldn't find its way back out. Luckily I happened to be getting something out of that bag yesterday or it would have been a dried husk by the time I found it. It was alive and well and scurried off when I let it out of the bag.

That's what I remember them as being. I haven't kept up to date with the skinks.

The common names are just coco pops its the scientific names that are cornflakes and everyone knows theres company take overs and mergers :)

I keep finding this skink, or a similar species in my two queenslander

- - - Updated - - -

imagejpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back