Can anyone tell me what type of baby snake this is???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosaurus

Reaction score
snake1.jpgsnake2.jpgsnake3.jpg

Hi... can anyone please tell me what type of snake this little baby is???

We live just outside Townsville.

looks like a golden crowned snake and if not dont start an argument out of it.

After the last few ID thread fiascoes, why the heck would you post something like this? This is exactly the poorly written kinda guess that creates trouble.

'don't start an argument out of it', you say? Post responsibly in ID threads!

Pics are a bit blurry but pretty sure it's actually a Delma tincta, which is a type of legless lizard not a snake. Live in Townsville too and have seen a few of these, they don't get very big. The juveniles have quite strong banding.

After the last few ID thread fiascoes, why the heck would you post something like this? This is exactly the poorly written kinda guess that creates trouble.

'don't start an argument out of it', you say? Post responsibly in ID threads!

sorry but thats what a golden crowned snke looks like in the book ive got.

Hey Rednut.... I just looked up Delma tincta on google and saw its twin... thank you for your post... I put it in an old frog tank I have and it looked at me thru the glass and it didnt look like a snake and I thought it looked like a lizard. Am happy I have a friendly kind. I have another photo I need analysed of a snake that unfortunately was dead on my driveway... I'll upload pics asap. :)

Pics are a bit blurry but pretty sure it's actually a Delma tincta, which is a type of legless lizard not a snake. Live in Townsville too and have seen a few of these, they don't get very big. The juveniles have quite strong banding.

Yeh I was going to say it looks like some sort of legless lizard :) pretty little thing!

No argument here Jako66, Rednut has cleared up the issue but I have another dilemma if you wouldnt mind assisting :)

sorry but thats what a golden crowned snke looks like in the book ive got.

The fact that you say that means you probably shouldn't be posting in ID threads.

No argument here Jako66, Rednut has cleared up the issue but I have another dilemma if you wouldnt mind assisting :)

Good on you for being so polite. You do have to take into account the credibility of the member when they make an ID, but it's a good way to get info, if you can sift the replies.

ok, sorry for saying its a golden crowned snake, didnt click the image

You must be kidding, right?

I put it in an old frog tank I have and it looked at me thru the glass and it didnt look like a snake and I thought it looked like a lizard. Am happy I have a friendly kind.
sorry but your not planning on keeping it are you?

Dino - Be vary careful picking up animals that look like this - There are a few highly venemous species around, depending on where you are at the time, that can superficially resemble this at a quick glance, particularly if you are not sure on your idea. A good friend of mine and a very experienced herper got bitten by a small brown in central australia because she mistook if for a legless lizard at night and spent a few days in hospital.

No... I had put it in the frog tank for the kids to have a look at and then we released it... :)

Thanx for the tip Rednut... I dont pick things up.... I heard them into a container and shut the lid fast... kinda like I do with spiders... anything bigger than this and I would freeze and make like a tree lol :)

Hey Rednut.... I just looked up Delma tincta on google and saw its twin... thank you for your post... I put it in an old frog tank I have and it looked at me thru the glass and it didnt look like a snake and I thought it looked like a lizard. Am happy I have a friendly kind. I have another photo I need analysed of a snake that unfortunately was dead on my driveway... I'll upload pics asap. :)

Do you realise its illegal to catch ANY reptiles in QLD ?

Cheers Nico

Did anyone get to have a look at the other picture I posted... am curious as to what this beautiful creature was... please help :) Cheers

Hey Nico, I only put the little creature in a container so I could photograph it (an upload for ID) and so the kids could have a squiz (educate the tiddly peeps) and then we let it go... 10 mins max

I dont have a problem with it , but if the wrong people see it you could end up with fines .
i had a look at the other one but can not make it out from them pics and im not experienced enough to make a guess , looks like a cat or dog got to the poor little thing :(

cheers nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back