Can anyone tell me what type of baby snake this is???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What so funny about it ?

Before I started keeping snakes I didn't know , I relocated a few snakes for people and posted pics and got told the same thing . I was glad to find out before anything happend . Not everybody knows the laws that's why I asked :/

Last edited:
poor old legless lizards,many must have been clubbed with a shovel by people thinking there deadly snakes

Glad you didn't stomp it Dino- a better bit of education for the kids would probly have been leaving the thing alone..wouldn't want to read about how junior tried the ol' herd into a container trick on something that bites...knowing the difference between a delma and an elpid can be tricky for kids.

No offence, Jako.

ow its illegal to touch reptiles in queensland where do you think your reptiles came from it was no more legal 20 yrs ago but people still did it and twenty years ago if i caught reptiles people were like cool man where did ya get it and can i come next time now its naughty naughty. Give the person credit for catching it to show you guys and little peeps and then releasing it no harm done. Some people have very high horses.

ow its illegal to touch reptiles in queensland where do you think your reptiles came from it was no more legal 20 yrs ago but people still did it and twenty years ago if i caught reptiles people were like cool man where did ya get it and can i come next time now its naughty naughty. Give the person credit for catching it to show you guys and little peeps and then releasing it no harm done. Some people have very high horses.

I agree with this guy. No harm done gave the little kids a little lesson in a lizard that looks like a snake .

And ya never no that lizard might have high hopes now thinking he is pretty cool that he got a few pics of him self :D can go and tell his mum and dad of his experience :)

Treat anything snake-like as potentially venomous, until you know absolutely for certain it is not. Do not assume size is an indication of the danger. Most young of dangerously venomous species can deliver a potentially fatal bite.

The Delma ID was correct. To identify it as a legless lizard, it has a broad and fleshy tongue, not a forked tongue. Most (but not all) legless lizards also have an external ear opening, which no snake has. With the ventral scales between the heck and the vent... snakes have single scales the full width of the belly, whereas lizards have several scales across the belly

Blue.

sorry but thats what a golden crowned snke looks like in the book ive got.

Hey mate, out of curiosity,what book offers that animal as a Golden Crowned? Would have to be a misprint as Cacophis squamulosus looks nothing like that, even under the influence of alcohol! :D

Lmao maybe you should get off your high horse you big headed ****er ! It's called trying to help , nobody had a go about it at all . Typical APS warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back