can beardies change colour?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeh after sheding its skin my beardies head has changed from grey to yellow
NeVeN

Beardies can only change shades not colors. Changing colors is going from red to blue to green and so on. Chameleons can turely change colors to what ever they feel like, even half and half.

Thats why we have different color phases of beardies.
Most beardies darkest color is brown and they can brighten to become their ture color, any point between those colors is the extent to which they can change.

I suppose they can change color but not in the ture sense thats why i think they change shades not colors

I'm a bit confused.
was the other beardie grey when you took the photo?
if it wasnt grey then it cant be a grey beardie can it?
if that is the first time it has ever been yellow that seems odd.

I thought that yellow phase beardies were a brighter yellow when they were warm and tend to go back to a brownie/grey when they were a bit cooler but still have a noticeable yellow color.

I dont really care too much for colour because personality can overcome looks when it comes to reptiles(exceptions to breeding purposes)

Its the 1st time ive taken picks of it never payed much attention to colour & as its been cooling ive not seen it out for a while.I guess maybe i didnt pay to much attn to colouring with that one.:)

Beardies tend to be at their brightest when excited. Eastern beardies out my way turn yellow when they are disturbed and angry, normally they are browny grey in color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back