Can I Put My Heat Mat On A Tea Towel?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrsmoons

Reaction score
Im setting up a click clack at the moment and was wondering if I can put the heat mat on a tea towel? The set up will be on an old change table so it would be the wood, the tea towel, the thermostat probe, the heat mat then the click clack. Just making sure I'm not going to burn my house down if I put it on the tea towel? I've got the tea towel because the heat mat and probe under one side is making it wobble a little so I'm just trying to even it out. I've heard of styrofoam to put under it but those little foam balls that break off give me the ****s so I'm looking for an alternative!

Thanks.

Just make a little spacer to lift the click clack up by rolling blu tack into little balls and putting them under it wherever you need to.

Also you can get a little rubber grommet from jaycar or bunnings and then make a hole in one side so you can actually put the probe inside the click clack and still seal the hole back up around the cord.

good idea but until then can I use the tea towel or not safe?

I can't remember how hot my heat mat used to get but I don't even think it was above 40°

If you put a tea towel in the sun on a hot day it would get hotter than that. So yes it should be fine and it won't spontaneously combust and burn your house down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back