Can someone ID this elapid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you belt a dog like this...with a very very small belt i imagine, lol

Lol, poor choice of words. I smack him, but it's relative to his size, wouldn't wanna hurt him, just let him know what he did was wrong :)

Btw, before I got my own snakes, I've been a long time watcher of your YouTube videos. I was amazed by you handling your tigers like you do mate, balls of steel. I was surprised when I saw you posting on here :)

Geez, you guys are just picking on him now.

Pre-ocular, sub-caudal..........funny idea of simplifying. I understand these terms but 60-80% of others wont.

Pre-ocular = before the eye I'm guessing,

Sub caudal - behind head? I know caudal is toward head and dorsal is toward the *** end. I am a vet tech student, still much to learn.

Am I right with these two?

Look at my reply to snakeman, I took that and apologised for misunderstanding, but your statement was ridiculous.

I said in the first post that he is a timid dog. Nowhere did I say that I was proud of him, or that I rewarded him.

I don't want a dog that hunts anything, and it's an isolated incident within 4 years of him being there with quite a few snakes wandering through the backyard.

You said that you were 'glad' about it's actions.

Why are you going on about this? I thought we sorted it out?

Lol, poor choice of words. I smack him, but it's relative to his size, wouldn't wanna hurt him, just let him know what he did was wrong :)

Btw, before I got my own snakes, I've been a long time watcher of your YouTube videos. I was amazed by you handling your tigers like you do mate, balls of steel. I was surprised when I saw you posting on here :)

Pre-ocular = before the eye I'm guessing, Yes

Sub caudal - behind head? No I know caudal is toward head No and dorsal is toward the *** end No. I am a vet tech student, still much to learn.

Am I right with these two?

Sub caudal= under the tail.
Dorsal= on the back.

Caudal, from latin cauda....meaning tail. Dorsal, from dorsum.....meaning back.

Pre-ocular......correct. :)

You said that you were 'glad' about it's actions.

Why are you going on about this? I thought we sorted it out?

Sub caudal= under the tail.
Dorsal= on the back.

I said "in this instance" meaning if the dog and a snake happened to have a run in, I'm glad the dog won. I never said I was glad that he attacked the snake.

You're the one going on, I replied to snakeman who outlined what he thought you meant, and I apologised to you with my nee understanding of your post (which was wrong because you were talking about my attitude, not my dog) and then you made another post regarding my attitude.

Anyway, as I said a few times, spud is a timid little dog and he usually leaves stuff alone. He probably stood on it or something and it reared up. If those were the circumstances, I am glad my dog was the victor.

Caudal, from latin cauda....meaning tail. Dorsal, from dorsum.....meaning back.

Pre-ocular......correct. :)

I have to do more Study -.- lol. Cheers

I said "in this instance" meaning if the dog and a snake happened to have a run in, I'm glad the dog won. I never said I was glad that he attacked the snake.

You're the one going on, I replied to snakeman who outlined what he thought you meant, and I apologised to you with my nee understanding of your post (which was wrong because you were talking about my attitude, not my dog) and then you made another post regarding my attitude.

Anyway, as I said a few times, spud is a timid little dog and he usually leaves stuff alone. He probably stood on it or something and it reared up. If those were the circumstances, I am glad my dog was the victor.

I have to do more Study -.- lol. Cheers

You should have said that in the first instance and then we wouldn't have had to go through all of this.

You replied= you're going on about it. I said OK then and you kept going...

Waruikazi, give up the fight mate, Kawasakirider made himself very clear, and your being ridiculous.

i'm pretty sure they're both over it by now mate,lol

Last edited:
Some people on here, they know who they are, should seriously get a life, this forum is not here to ridicule and torment people that are on here, he asked a simple question and all you have in return, you know who you are, is to pick apart his post and b*@#h about anything you can get an argument out of. GET A LIFE !!!! Some people on this forum make me sick.

oh boy - another dead horse to flog. I love when these zombie threads lurch back to life and wander down Internet threads crying out "BRAIIINS! BRAIINS". They rarely find any too!
BTW - Keelback - I've left an image with a subtle hint pointing out the loreal scale on the animal. The head shape is also a tell, though the colourization is closer to the standard roughie than the standard keelback. If you do try and ID a snake on APS please state the reasons for your identification rather than wasting time and electricity with a guess (as if people are going to listen).

Attachments

• kb.png
    kb.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back