Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman59

Reaction score
can you get a reptile with its setup and everything for 250$ or amphibian (in WA):D

Depending on what you want (in WA) you could possibly get a gecko and a small terrarium for $250, but any kind of snake, even a small stimson will still cost u $250 to $300 alone.

costal carpets are very very cheap in qld not sure about over your way, and it can be cheap to make an enclosure for a snake and just buy a heatcord/mat (even an $20 tub + heatmat will be fine

other then that central bearded dragons are also very cheap and can be kept in a cracked fishtank (i got some off mates for free) all you need to buy is the uv light and a spotlight prices on those vary drastically from supplyer to supplyer.

both these animals will need larger enclosures at some point in the future depending on what your starting enclosure's size is

ps best bet is to cruse the sell section on various forums you will soon get the idea of what the regular price is and will know when a bargin is about if you have the money dont rush into anything just look around

Also in a lot of cases be prepared to upgrade and expand enclosures as a lot of reptiles will grow quite quickly.

Also depending on what you keep you would probably need a thermostat to run your heating appliance. more $$-$$$.

michael

might aswell throw in a quick question whilst im in early and its on topic, what would be a reasonable size enclose for a stimmie python or a pygmy python? so it can house as an adult? cheers guys :D

View attachment appr_reptile_lists_2003.pdf
might aswell throw in a quick question whilst im in early and its on topic, what would be a reasonable size enclose for a stimmie python or a pygmy python? so it can house as an adult? cheers guys :D
for an adult stimson 600x400x400 is heaps, for anything up to 8-10 months (depending on size) 300x300x300 is ok too.

also u guys should know that only native WA species may be kept in WA so coastals and spotteds are out of the question. Importation of reptiles is also illegal, therefore supply is smaller and prices are higher.

I have attached the approved reptiles list for WA

View attachment appr_reptile_lists_2003.pdf

Last edited:

Do a bit of a search mate.

Also something else to add to the thread I'm not sure if the $250 is like a set limit or something but always be in a position with reptiles IMO to be able to replace their heating quickly if it fails for any given reason. eg heat mat dies on a feed day of your young python in the middle of winter. (happened to me luckily some nice people came to my rescue etc - now keep a spare thermostat and spare small heatmats in the event of my main heating dying)

Importation of pythons is against WA REGS, Lizards are ok. Some people in Perth keep Thick Tails (Nephrurus milii) without heat but I would research that a bit. Should be able to do it under $250, no worries

Hows ya Bobbies

Last edited:
Best bet is find something cheap secondhand. Just do a lot of looking and checking and you might get lucky.

thanks guys just to let you know this isnt for me ive already got a bobtail its for my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back