Can You keep sea turtles as pets in Vic?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathando2010

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My cousin is an absolute dumbass! im pretty sure you cant keep sea turtles as pets but before i go and prove him wrong and make him look like a goose i need to know for sure that you cant for sure?

That would be a big stocking to fit a whale shark Brett lol

why on earth would you even want a sea turtle in the first place?!
and even IF you could where the hell would you keep it?

Nice fish tank, so thats where squbber steve has been hiding.. How much for a whale shark??

Holy moly Brett that is incredible! It does seem very crowded and devoid of any natural looking environmental stimulation but what a sight that would be in person.

Yeah it's impressive and first hand would be something else to see but I've read Whale Sharks don't fair to well in tanks, as for the stress levels on some of the smaller ones with pelagic's around you......

Impressive but.....

WOW!!!! consideration of the marine lifes welfare aside for a moment - I've been having a rather challenging morning and was feeling somewhat stressed but after "full screen" moding and watching these fantastic creatures I am rejuvenated.
Like Smithers said "impressive but....."

impressive... i could sit and watch for hours, then feel sorry for the animals... but still watch some more.

i can not find any pictures of it but there is a bloke in Port Lincoln SA who has his own personal aquarium that is 50,000 litres in his home. pretty sure he has a sea turtle. as well as heaps of other nice fish like snapper and some rays

Aren't sea turtles are protected species?? :/ And while we're putting in a wish list I want a Narwhal!!

Last edited:
Ah yes a Narwal of course,...might have to put a cork on his nose though.

My back up wishlist pressie is a tank of Nautilus's or is it Nautili ;)

One like this

Last edited:
See now this is where is gets complicated. It depends wether you accept nautilus to be from the Greek or Latin. If we accept that is it from the former being based from the 'nautilos' or 'naus' meaning sailor or ship we say 'nautili' for the plural. But if we accept it as the latin (because it is a latinised greek word) we say 'nautilodes' for the plural.

Ah yes a Narwal of course,...might have to put a cork on his nose though.

My back up wishlist pressie is a tank of Nautilus's or is it Nautili ;)

One like this

Look Charlie... A Narwal!!!!!!

LMAO .... sorry, random thought from "Charlie the Unicorn"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back