Can't Decide.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle.01032

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Im looking to buy my next lizard, but im torn between a Mertens Water Monitor or a Lace Monitor. Ive done all my research on the two, i have the space to keep either, but i just cant decide which one to get? Can i get the pros and cons of each monitor and mabye that will help me decide......

Last edited:
get both if you can afford...will save you choosing..well thats what i'd do anyway

Until the experts get here I would say with lacies you need a bit of monitor experience first since they can get crazy in feeding mode. On the other hand you need to be able to supply a nice place for a merten's to swim. I'd think they are the two biggest considerations

Im looking to buy my next lizard, but im torn between a Mertens Water Monitor or a Lace Monitor. Ive done all my research on the two, i have the space to keep either, but i just cant decide which one to get? Can i get the pros and cons of each monitor and mabye that will help me decide......

Since your in Melb... a lacie would be more suitable as you can build an outdoor aviary for it if you get pressed for space.

Since your in Melb... a lacie would be more suitable as you can build an outdoor aviary for it if you get pressed for space.
yup thats where my boy will end up , in a nice size aviary.

Until the experts get here I would say with lacies you need a bit of monitor experience first since they can get crazy in feeding mode. On the other hand you need to be able to supply a nice place for a merten's to swim. I'd think they are the two biggest considerations
well i went the other way , from no monitor experience to a lacie .

Last edited:
JAS101, how did u cope with going from no mointor experience to a lacie? how did u find that
i havnt found it too bad , research research and more research . then dont expect the lacie to be like the ones on youtube [ where they are cudling and holding the lacie] , because id never trust my lacie to be anywhere near my face or body .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back