Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

I'm going to reptile expo on the gold coast in a few weeks and I have my eye out for a new little baby for my birthday.

Can't decide what I'll be getting between a Water python, Roughie or a Blackhead python or a woma.

I guess I'm just posting this to see what others think about thier personalities etc.

I know people here hate these kinds of threads but I'm just trying to get a feel for each species. I've been doing my research but still can't make my mind up.

I'd go woma or black head. Both good feeders and usually rather placid and good with handling

Yeah I have been rather keen on BHP's for awhile now haha.

Waters are so irridecent and pretty and I love roughies cause their little bug eyes are so adorable. xD So hard to choose! I guess it will depend what I fall in love with at the expo lol.

Yeah. That's how I got my woma. I had wanted one for abit and was looking at ones for sale and I just fell in love with the photo of who is now my baby girl.
I also took greatly to this bredli at an expo and as much as I wanted to grab him I didn't have my licence yet and they also can get abit big for me ATM.

dont be surprised if you just fall in love with the baby black heads. They're so cute and tiny(though they don't stay that...) and there always seems to be afew, at the Illawarra expo anyway

i also love RSP(though not as much as the Aspidites). They have such cute little eyes and are abit of a combo between two other pythons I like. Sort of have the kind of pattern and stuff as a bredli and the behaviour/posture of a green tree python($$$) so I'm kind of thinking of just getting one of them then that will save time, space and money.

Last edited:
My advice would be to wait until the show, and pick the snake that catches your eye the most. I've gone to a breeder's house with a certain snake in mind and ended up leaving with something entirely different, so just go with whatever you end up liking the most. Although if it were me I'd be leaning towards the BHP :D

My advice would be to wait until the show, and pick the snake that catches your eye the most. I've gone to a breeder's house with a certain snake in mind and ended up leaving with something entirely different, so just go with whatever you end up liking the most. Although if it were me I'd be leaning towards the BHP :D

Yeah I know thats what I'll think I'll do I might be like YES BHP LETS DO IT then fall in love with a spotty xD So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back