Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
First of all sorry in advance to anyone this post may offend however I'm so sick of seeing average,even ugly animals up for sale with some sales gimick or pitch.Some put well known bloodline names on their animals even if they're not sure they are that bloodline just to try and profit from it.If you're advertising an animal for sale at least be truthful with information regarding the animal for sale without fancy names etc.For a good example there's a pair of so called black and white jungles advertiised on a popular site that do not even resemble anything close to a black and white jungle.Do the people who put adds on a site like this or any other with blatantly misleading information ,who do they think they are trying to fool?What if some poor newbie with very little knowledge decides to purchase these so called bw's because they'd heard how nice bw's are etc only to end up with average looking animals that look nothing like what they're advertised as asking top dollar for imo rubbish animals.

It's really becoming a problem and just recently there was a discussion on a similar topic where someone commented saying we need to put fancier labels on animals so they'll sell,I think it was a post on the thread about people finding it hard to sell animals,as if there aren't enough misleading hyped up names for certain lines or animals as it is.Why can't people just be straight up and tell it how it is,there's no need to advertise mutton dressed up as lamb!!!

Any commnts and opinions welcomed as I'd hate to see us copy practically everything that's happening in the same hobby overseas.I just read a thread on a site where a guy paid $15,000.00 for I think a jag het for albino with massive neuro problems so I guess what I'm getting at is that people are being mislead into buying animals due to possibly producing an exciting new morph etc only to not end up wanting to breed it because of the neurological problems a $15,000.00 morelia milkshake has and will pass on if bred so really it's the jag het label that got the animal sold yet the buyer now has an animal which I'm sure wasn't advertised stating it had severe neuro probs etc?Who wants to pay such top dollar for fancy named yet deletrious gene/snake you wouldn't want to breed???

would you like a tissue?

What do you care if old mate spent 15k on an animal? How does this really affect you?

totaly agree browns. i am sick of the fancy names. i had a guy try to sell me west coast sand fire stimsons python the other week for a overpriced amount?? i have kept and bred stimmies for the last 5 years and know the species quite well and this was the first time i had heard of this and honest truth they looked like my broome local stimmies to me. i would be more incline to buy a snake if the add read GOOD LOOKING STIMMIES there is no lying there.

and to many times have i seen newbies buying really nice black and silver murrays for way to much under the stance that they are buying black and white jungles. Which is why newbies to the industry are the ones getting caught out, which is a shame becasue breeders have found this year that the market has slumped and when a few dodgy eggs are selling crappy animals with names like SXR TRULLY KRUASS chucked in front of them at well over the market price, its no wonder snake keepers are getting a bad rap.

so stop selling with fancy names show me a picture and tell me what you want for it.

I no what you mean with these black and white jungles aye. It is ridiculous.
But to be honest one would have to be a fool to buy a animal by just a label. I would like to think people would buy a animal on its looks and their tastes. I dont understand how half of all for sale ads dont have pics and the seller expects it to be sold? lol

I agree but i couldnt half tell you had to throw a "Jag" comment in there just to stir the pot
everyone else has excepted there here whay cant you ?

Well said! Not sure the Jag comment was to stir, I think it was more pointing out the fact it was sold for a very high price and had nuerological issues. I still remember seeing a "diamond python" for sale on a site fairly recently, and yet the picture that came up was of a fairly average coastal! That sort of thing is just wrong

I used that case as an example kurto simple as that,if you don't catch the drift of the thread don't comment,what do you care??

Seems you're trying to stir kupper??What's your problem with me mentioning jags,who are you to to tell me to just accept it?
Sturdy the ad is on the herp shop if I'm allowed to mention a sponsors name by admin?

Last edited:
Every post seems to be a stir from you browns your views are your views but your points are starting to get old

If one doesn't like the price or label of an animal. Dont buy it?? Seems simple to me...

Most the time the people that whinge the most on this topic can't afford these animals anyway.

im not really a big know how on breeding. whats a jag? and whats with morphing? i realize that some people are avid about keeping all reptiles pure blood, but im sure that if two snakes of breeding age were in the same area, they would mate, regardless if one was a jungle and one was a spotted or something, i dont think theyd care too much.

totaly agree browns. i am sick of the fancy names. i had a guy try to sell me west coast sand fire stimsons python the other week for a overpriced amount?? i have kept and bred stimmies for the last 5 years and know the species quite well and this was the first time i had heard of this and honest truth they looked like my broome local stimmies to me. i would be more incline to buy a snake if the add read GOOD LOOKING STIMMIES there is no lying there. QUOTE]

West Coast Sandfire Stimmie is a valid name. Its obviously a locality specific stimmie from the Sandfire area of WA. Id imagine who ever started it didnt want people to think the 'sandfire' reference was indicating colour like bearded dragons in the USA. Of course its gonna be similar to your broome stimmie, the localities are close by.

Could not agree more.

I saw the ad you mentioned for the B&W Jungles and thought they just looked like very average Coastals. Certainly not worth $900 to me.

I have also recently seen Fire Banded Womas advertised. I enquired about these having never heard of them before and wanted to know the locality. Was told they are a mixed locality and the reason I had never heard of them was because this line was new and they had made up the name themselves. The picture they put up looked very nice, but when asked for pictures of the hatchlings for sale I never received a reply.

I totally agree about that B&W ad. If thats B&W then I need some lazer eye surgery. Unfortunately though the person selling them probably paid big $$$ for them as B&W hatchies as could be just as much a victim (aka sucker) as the next person to buy them.

I guess to save a flaming I better not agree with you Browns ;)

i see where you are coming from browns, certain names thrown in with advertising is at times absolute rubbish to attract a higher price.

This is just my opinion, many of you may not agree with it but that's fine with me.

If a tag given to an animal is true and proven i don't see the issue. The tag doesn't mean it has to be given a higher price tag, some people just like to know an animals origins and who started the line or its locality. Some are quite willing to pay more for an animal with a particular history in its lineage, or are after a particular trait that a certain breeders stock often passes on genetically.

Fancy names and morphs is the way this hobby is heading, like it or not it is just not going to go away. Providing people still produce pure wild looking animals i don't see what the big fuss is about. More variety is possibly what the hobby in Australia needs to attract more keepers and help it become more accepted.

Did someone jerk your chain mark ?

no body has jerked my chain my friend, why do you ask ? did I rattle yours for some reason with that comment ?

I can't stand people being ripped off, or sold things that they are clearly not ! So many times you see these hyped up things advertised and they are nothing more than average at best, but throw a big breeders name behind it and it becomes worth an extra $100 at least LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back