Carnivorous plants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day All,

Long time since I've contributed. Mainly owing to it being cold and so not much doing with the plants and also work has been hectic and I've been away alot. There have been some great posts of some very nice plants. It is great to see the thread spans 22 pages now and that more and more people are getting into these fantastic plants. I hope to ad more photos soon enough after putting another order in this week for more neps.

Jumala how are your plants going? Have you ordered more? Got any updated photos?

Rednut those plants are looking awesome. I am having trouble viewing that pic due to the size of my very small old school monitor. Is that a sib x merrilliana or a vent x sib x merrilliana? Also is that a lowii x campanulata there? What else is in the shot? Got anymore shots of individual plants?

Gecks how are your plants going? Did your ventricosa pull through?

I'm looking forward to seeing the thread grow even more.

Rednut those plants are looking awesome. I am having trouble viewing that pic due to the size of my very small old school monitor. Is that a sib x merrilliana or a vent x sib x merrilliana? Also is that a lowii x campanulata there? What else is in the shot? Got anymore shots of individual plants?

I'll try to get some individual shots at some point in the near future, will have to borrow my gf's camera as my point and shoot just can't do it with any respectability :lol:

They are indeed a sib x merrilliana and [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]lowii x campanulata, there's also an alata, merrilliana [/FONT]and [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]merrilliana x xtrusmadiensis[/FONT], plus a small pot of ventricosa, a large hanger with a decent sized venticosa and a big miranda, and I just picked up another unknown from the local nursery the other day that isn't in the photo. Ah and a N. chang, it's not doing so well though in the low humidity at the moment, going to chuck a bottle over it today.

I'll be glad when summer comes back, and the humidity picks up again as the larger pitchers are starting to suffer and dehydrate a bit, which is a pity, the plants have been trimmed back quite a lot from what they were.

I have been a Carnivorous Plant nut for 10 years now; i growvarious Sarracenia, Dionaea, Drosera, Cephalotus, Nepenthes, pinguiculea andUtricularia in my greenhouse. I used to grow Darlingtonia but the 40 degreesummers killed them off and the cold winters killed my Brochinia reducta anddespite its hardy nature my Catopsis plant also died. If you ever want to chat CP’s just pm me!

well mine are still going. Nothing new atm ..... trying to be good LMAO!!
Interesting addition however is that a couple of the cuttings have roots!! WOO HOO!! It was two of the green end cuttings as opposed to the stem cuttings :D So I would say it is a sort of success .... NB it was the Black Dragon cuttings

With the weather warming up my plants are starting to grow like crazy, plus Ive noticed little sundews growing in my Sarracenia pot :) I love hitch hikers lol

Hmm yet another post, my venus flytraps have sprouted with spring arriving, the green one has new traps twice the size of the old ones, and my deep red venus flytrap has turned green and grown a very tall stalk, at least 7cm tall, with a massive trap on the end. Very interesting!

Wow, just looked at this and realised how much my plants have grown in the last year. Took these photo's a couple of days ago, and seeing as I'm pulling a bunch of stuff off my camera to try and fix it I may as well stick them up. Photo's are worse than usual, but I was actually taking shots of hatchlings at the time, these were just an afterthought. Please ignore the spare tire, palm fronds and mentally deficient dog :lol:

P1040240-1.JPG
P1040241.JPG
P1040242.JPG

I know the post is very delayed but here goes.
MY GROWLIST
NEPENTHES
2x N.Bellii x Aristolochiordes
2x N.Izumeae x Ramispina
1x N.Maxima x Merrilliana
1x N.Maxima x Sibuyanensis
1x N.Lowii
1x N.Sangiunea x Macfarlanei
3x N.Sibuyanensis x Truncata
2x N.Truncata(D) Red flush
1x N.Truncata x Ephipphita
2x N.Truncata x (Spectabilis x Northiana)
1x N.Ventricosa "green/white uppers"
8x N.Ventricosa
1x N.Ventricosa red
1x N.(Ventricosa x Sibuyanensis) x Merrilliana
1x N.(Ventricosa x Sibuyanensis) x Truncata.

CEPHALOTUS FOLLICULARIS
1 Cephalotus Follicularis Typical

DROSERA
1x D.Alicea
1x D.Binata Multifida Extrema
12x D.Capensis typical
1x D.Ramentacea
3x D.Spatulata
1x D.Trinervia

SARRACENIA
2x S.flava
2x S.x Formosa
2x S.minor f. Okeefenokee giant
4x S.psittacina
3 unknown Sarracenia

Nepenthes Truncata x Merrilliana
Nepenthes (Ventricosa x Sibuyanensis) x Veitchii
Nepenthes Glandulifera x Veitchii
Nepenthes (Spathulata x Aristolochioides) x Truncata - wide peristome

New plants Sarracenia:

Flava var. cuprea

Flava heavy veined

Leucophylla x rubra

Minor

Flava var Flava or var. rugelli

Flava var rubricorpra

Leucophylla x minor giant

Leucophylla x wrigleyana

Leucophylla

Alata red x flava red throat

Purpurea var purpurea

Drosera:

Binata multifida extrema

Binata dichotoma

Capensis x 200 lol

Capensis broad leaf

Capensis tamlines red

Capenisis alba (albino)

Coccoicaulis

Venusta

Venusta albino

Affinis

Comminus

Rotundifolia

Capillaris emerald envy

VFT

G14

G7

Typical

plants I got from the Triffid park open day yesterday:

Nepenthes (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) x xtrusmadiensis.
Nepenthes lowii x campanulata
Pygmy drosera paleacea spp. roseana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back