Carpentaria Whip snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

critterguy

Reaction score
Hey all, I've temporily misplaced my lic folder that also contains the sp allowed list (I think it's still in the boot of the car from our recent trip) and I always have trouble trying to find it through the gov website.

Are you allowed a Carpentaria Whip snake on a Class 1 license in QLD or because it's lightly venomous would you need a Class 2 lic.

It's one of the sp I've liked the looks off ever since 1st seeing pics of one in one of our ID books a bunch of years ago, the downside is they feed on reptiles but unlike a Woma it sounds like its exclusively reptiles, not mammals as well.

You are allowed a bunch of certain sp of skinks to keep and breed for reptile exclusive herps.
Just wondering if anyone has kept a carpentaria whip before and what sp of skinks they preferred and their husbandry requirements?

I'm not looking at getting one soon if they are allowed, just curious for now as there isn't much care in captivity info out there on them.

they are held by a couple of people. I found them them to be very similar to small eyeds as you would expect

If you are in Townsville then Asian house geckos make a good substitute with carpentaria snakes I have found. I've only had them take pinkies on a few occasions but house geckos are plentiful and free. I doesn't take much to get them to take them readily.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way you are allowed to collect some skinks species for feed but you cannot keep and breed them as feed.

Thanks for the correction on the skinks, I was about to look up that info on the skinks to be sure I'd said the right thing.

Found my folder tonight, the info had the reptiles and herps listed in of least concern as the ones you could have and the restricted ones but didn't actually have a sp list for the ones listed in least concern, had various lists of different categories of bird, list of what reptiles are commercial ones and restricted ones.

So I'm going to have to try to track that list down again in the relevent act (1992 or 2006) which I'd had not luck with doing previously, might just email them to get sent the list.

Last edited:
It has all changed and the only list that I can find now is the list for dangerous reptiles that are to be on the restricted license with venomous endorsement which is now in one of the code of practices. This is also now where the list of skinks are that can be used as feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back