Carpet python tub size?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MineralMagic

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a stimson python and a childrens python at the up-coming reptile expo in gosford. It'll be a long drive, but worth it as its my first reptile expo. Anyway, i was just wondering if you guys think a 25G tub will be an okay size to keep a childrens python in. Also, any tips on their care? Either the childreni or the stimmie will be my first snake, which one do you prefer?

Edit: I realise my title says carpet python, didn't mean to do that- I am talking about Childrens, not carpets here. :)

Last edited:
Assuming you will be getting a hatchy, you won't need a very big tub at all for a fair while. Something like a 7L Sistema will be a cheap way to start.

I believe childreni are notoriously more difficult to get feeding so, if you choose that direction, make sure you get one that has a good feeding history.

I've got a couple of mates going up there to run a stall. They should have a couple of different Antaresia and they will be happy to answer your questions in person. If you want I can give you their details in private.

Also, it may have just been a brain fart but your title refers to Carpet Pythons (Morelia) while your request is about Children's Pythons (Antaresia) which are completely different.

I was talking of childrens python, didn't notice that i'd put carpet python in the title- thanks for the heads up. Can you dm me their personal info please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back