Carpet Snakes Gourmet Lunch - Quite a Mouthful !!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chillsandfevers

Not so new Member
Reaction score
A mutual friend snapped this photo of a local carpet preparing lunch yesterday, looks like quite a sizeable possum.

5563913362_31a1a68c5e.jpg

Does ANYONE have the photo of a MASSIVE python on a rock wall, pulling a water buffalo out of the water and up?

^^^^ LOL He said buffalo, not rhinoceros!!

I think the one that you refer to is an olive python pulling a wallaby up out of the water? It is on a water carved red/grey rock face?

snake-pulling-cow-large.jpg

I think this is the photograph that was being referred to...
Information attached to the photograph: The animal being hauled up by the large snake is in fact a wallaroo, a stocky Macropod that is generally larger than a wallaby, but smaller than a kangaroo. The snake is an Olive Python.

ive seen this pic many times and still cant get over the snake its one nice healthy looking snake

snake-pulling-cow-large.jpg

I think this is the photograph that was being referred to...
Information attached to the photograph: The animal being hauled up by the large snake is in fact a wallaroo, a stocky Macropod that is generally larger than a wallaby, but smaller than a kangaroo. The snake is an Olive Python.

LOL yes, this is the one. Absolutey amazing photo. A teacher of mine showed it to me at school a few years ago in an email he received, haven't been able to find it since, lol. My memory of it was hazy, I thought it was a buffalo.

I couldn't tell you, I looked the image up. But by the size and condition of the python compared to the "wallaroo", I'd have no doubt it got it up and enjoyed its meal. Its amazing the power a snake has.

And Woody, I agree, its a superb looking Olive

LOL yes, this is the one. Absolutey amazing photo. A teacher of mine showed it to me at school a few years ago in an email he received, haven't been able to find it since, lol. My memory of it was hazy, I thought it was a buffalo.

Yes, In fact I found it described as a cow at first, but after reading further it gave the correct description.

I think this was taken in the Kimberley region, does anyone know for sure?
Fairly meaty wallaroo as well, both in a good paddock.

Apparently this particular python failed at this attempted meal after a long struggle with it! It's a Baroni locale Olive too, they grow quite a bit larger than your regular Liasis Olivaceus.

That picture is very cool though, looks like a pretty nicely sized carpet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back