Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzi

Reaction score
Found this on an American site in the classifieds. Carpets cross Green Pythons, or as the seller has them advertised "Carpondros".

I know the Yanks love their morphs, but gee wizz

Attachments

• carpet X gtp.j.jpg
    carpet X gtp.j.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 534
Its like a gtp x bredli with the markings. I am very very much against hybrids but must admit it does look good. In saying that i still believe it is soo wrong and i wouldnt take one even if it were free.

So I'm not up with genetics, but what would happen if you hypothetically crossed 2 albino carpets with 2 GTPs then put the offspring together when they got to breeding age? What would you expect to get out of that mix (other than a jail sentence and a very bad reputation)? ;) Please no lesson in genetics, just educated opinions :)

To me , that one's not as nice as a 'pure' form of either a GTP or a Carpet.

These crossed pythons are everywhere overseas.
And people are doing it here in Australia.
Not a fan and will never be.

Now that im looking im finding more of the latest American Invention "Carpondros"

Their parents are-

Female- Irian Jaya type Green

Male- Sorong type Green bred to a 25% Diamond Jaguar Carpet

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Attachments

• Carpondro3.jpg
    Carpondro3.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 138
  • Carpondro4.jpg
    Carpondro4.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 299
they aren't my cup of tee i like your plain gtp or carpet at least you know what your getting no some genetic back wash that some one has cooked up in there basement i prefur your normal snake or hypo

I agree, im not a fan, just realising how obliviouse id been to the whole thing.

gman78, you right, they seem to be everywhere OS

This is a third breeder in the same classifieds, has about 20 posts replying saying things like "thats the best snake iv ever seen" & "just saved that as my screen saver".

I just dont get it

Attachments

• Carpondro2.jpg
    Carpondro2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 420
now that snake is just plain weird it looks ok in some aspects but is mostly weird

I'm no expert, far from It, but that just looks wrong, the GTP is a beautiful snake, why x It ?
Reminds me of people crossing dogs to get some new designer look with a fancy name, well not sure about snakes but with these dogs comes a hefty price and they're nothing but "Mutts" :shock: I think It's best to Improve on what there Is rather than create new breeds of course this Is just mo

I'm not into the hybrid thing but they are some hot looking snakes.

Regardless of whether people like it (on this site) or not, this will certainly be the future of the herp industry in Australia.

Designer animals will be "the thing".

I probably would rather people hybrid something than seek out and create demand for exotics. The lesser of two evils in that respect.

i belive thats how u get the messed up looking sauges poodle like dog some things arnt met to be changed so why do it too such a elegant animal

Nup, I don't get it, I think Carpet's and GTPs are stunning pure, not cross bred. Is it fair to say that cross-breeding would increase the chances of illness or early death? or are they more inclined to live longer? I really don't like the idea of designer snakes.

I agree it seems to be the way we're heading. I know Roy Pails has put his Albino Darwins over some Vic Carpets. Its funny cos when he told me he was making out like he wasnt a big fan of doing it, but knew its the way of the future.

found more....

Attachments

• carpondro5.jpg
    carpondro5.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 124
  • carpondro6.jpg
    carpondro6.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 89
  • carpondro7.jpg
    carpondro7.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 98
  • carpondro8.jpg