Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need the sellers and exibitors to make the show
really all the orgasinser is supplying is the people through the gates
Charge them the extra to cover lower booth costs because with out the booths and display animals they have no show

Being that there is prizes and a very good chance sellers will sell alot of snakes they yes they should pay
but not heaps Because lets face it if there not there PEOPLE WONT BE EITHER

Oops....

Put it another way -should attendence be limited to a percentage of the population with licences?

So they have droped the selling booth price thats great but anyone who has rang them and does not hear about the drop will be lost and they have missed out on there 300

Hopefully it will be far less than this. The expo is many things, and certainly the main reason is not about selling herps. This is not about creating an aussie Hamm. The organiser has done this 'gig' now a few times now and has not made a mint, indeed it's been 'meatloaf on the table' for his family several times. It is about a love of our native wildlife and herps in particular.

True, but for thingss to go forward, I think you need more breeders showing off their animals, from unusual lizards or differently patterned "lines" ie morphs that you won't see on display, and to get the breeders showing off their wares, you need buyers, as well as families

what a joke.... the bigger breeders bitching about prices of a table to sell reptiles..... how much money will you all make over the 3 days????? and you bitch about $770 :rolleyes:

True, but for thingss to go forward, I think you need more breeders showing off their animals, from unusual lizards or differently patterned "lines" ie morphs that you won't see on display, and to get the breeders showing off their wares, you need buyers, as well as families

I thought the IRS show outclassed a lot of others and it doesn't sell animals at all. Sometimes selling is a negative.

what a joke.... the bigger breeders bitching about prices of a table to sell reptiles..... how much money will you all make over the 3 days????? and you bitch about $770 :rolleyes:

More to the point, how many families will go home disappointed because they couldn't purchase a $20 bluetongue at the expo, or a $50 turtle?

Breeders with thousands of dollars worth of hatchies to sell should be cheering, as they won't have much competition. Besides, they could always put a $20 fee on top of their prices to cover costs if they so choose.

Would be VERY interested to know how much the big guys took home last year but of course we'll never hear truthfully how many thousand they make each expo.

Its sad that the smaller herper misses out due to the price. Perhaps organizer's should look at categorizing sellers by stock levels and having varied rates based on that?

I don't think you could compair the IRS show with a Castle Hill expo, no offence to the IRS I'm sure they did a great job. ;) The Hobby pretty much is about keeping and breeding, and with breeding comes selling... there are many aspects to the expos, and selling is just one part, but I think it could be better than has yet been done.

Would be VERY interested to know how much the big guys took home last year but of course we'll never hear truthfully how many thousand they make each expo.

Who cares how much they make? they do alot of work to breed and maintain large collections, they provide alot of interest on the day, whether it is valuable information they give out to keen herpers, animals sold, or just for the animals they have on display for the thousands of paying public to look at...

Its sad that the smaller herper misses out due to the price. Perhaps organizer's should look at categorizing sellers by stock levels and having varied rates based on that?

yes that would work. sell a table to one of these big sellers to sell lets say 50 herps. problem is they will just go back out to their car and carry a few more back in to re-stock their table after making a few sales.
would be nice to know how many people past through the gate last year. as every person through the gate is a possible buyer. i for one know my boss would of been happy with the numbers i saw at last years show passing the stand at last weekends automotive machinery expo that cost him almost $20k for less than 3 days. by the way the stand size was 3msq. i think the prices that have been quoted in this thread sound cheap

I don't think you could compair the IRS show with a Castle Hill expo, no offence to the IRS I'm sure they did a great job. ;) The Hobby pretty much is about keeping and breeding, and with breeding comes selling... there are many aspects to the expos, and selling is just one part, but I think it could be better than has yet been done.

No offence taken. He was not comparing as there is no comparison He was basically saying that not everything is about selling reptiles at shows..there is more to a success of a show/or expo.

re Castle

I suppose you have to be a member of a herp society to buy like at Mac Herps,NPWS will be there to issue licenses,sounds good,next year the Illawarra herp society,Mac Herps and Hawkesbury herps will pool their talent and resources to put on one good show.

Womas will go to class 1,the NPWS will hand responsibility for licensing to someone that cares and pigs may fly :lol:

I suppose you have to be a member of a herp society to buy like at Mac Herps,NPWS will be there to issue licenses,sounds good,next year the Illawarra herp society,Mac Herps and Hawkesbury herps will pool their talent and resources to put on one good show.

Womas will go to class 1,the NPWS will hand responsibility for licensing to someone that cares and pigs may fly :lol:

I agree with the notion of the herp socs consolidating. One reasonably big show to counter the expo.

Who cares how much they make? they do alot of work to breed and maintain large collections, they provide alot of interest on the day, whether it is valuable information they give out to keen herpers, animals sold, or just for the animals they have on display for the thousands of paying public to look at...

It makes every difference as the complaint here is about money. Arguements could be thrown back and forth for eternity but really its pointless doing so. I mean I could say that these big time sellers wouldnt have an expo to sell at if it wasnt for the organizers. Furthermore sellers arent the only ones that give valuable information or put animals on display. You, of course, will have a rebuttal to these comments which really isnt even worth debating.

At the end of the day its been assessed by the organizers that these sellers will still profit with these table rates yet the sellers are complaining about the table price. This makes the profit made by sellers each year the pivotal point in the arguement. I mean, will it cut their profits by 5%? 25%? 50%? Are we all being money hungry in an attempt to maximize profits or is there truely a legitimate concern to be addressed?

................It is about a love of our native wildlife and herps in particular.

YES...the original concept of this show was as Spongebob said above! Remember, last year was the first year herps could be sold at the show.....the show had run 2 years before that, focussing on our native wildlife, the environment and education in this area. This is the main drive for the organisers.

What about:
  • Friday night dinner and guest speaker?
  • Saturday night BBQ?
  • Kids shows, dancers and singers etc?
  • reptile shows
  • Large variety of herp displays, other than breeders show.
  • Robocroc...etc
all these run at a loss.....why shouldn't the organisers at least break even with the costs of the booths going directly back into the promotion of both our native wildlife and the herp community.....for the cost of 3 childrens pythons........

I know I will be there 2 weeks before (yes it takes that long) setting up the expo, along with a lot of other passionate people giving up their own time after work and on days off, and all the volunteers over the 3 days giving up their time to talk to people about the animals, the environment and the keeping of these animals.

Is it all about the money for the 'big' breeders not turning up this year? I would hope this wasn't the case....

SEE YOU THERE!!!:D:D:D

expos should be more about reptiles than making money off selling them,promoting the keeping of them,and introducing non reptile folk to them

i dont have a prob with them charging 770 or what ever to people that are there to sell,if u dont like it then dont go,pretty easy really,but do you expect the organisers of said expos to do all the dirty work of organising and promoting said expos to fork out the bucks year after year and the breeders who sell copious amounts and get there products out there to be there and not have to pay for the privelidge,if these expos arent supported there not gunna keep putting them on,its as simple as that

someone mentioned that if sellers dont go,then door numbers drop,look at it the other way to,if organisers get no support and are running at a loss,then theres no expo,which means no selling,77o odd seems like a small price to pay at the end of the day

re Castle

I agree with the notion of the herp socs consolidating. One reasonably big show to counter the expo.

Sponge i think anthony was very involved with hawhesbury herps at one stage years back but they didnt like the idea back then of having shows,so he started his own little show privately.The Illawarra and Macarther Herp societies have always been geared to the reptile keepers interests,the Hawkesbury Herps were represented out the front near the entrance of the expo last year,probably to show that they are out there.

if these expos arent supported there not gunna keep putting them on,its as simple as that

someone mentioned that if sellers dont go,then door numbers drop,look at it the other way to,if organisers get no support and are running at a loss,then theres no expo,which means no selling,77o odd seems like a small price to pay at the end of the day

And it is for the likes of snake ranch and the bigger breeders
but little joe down the road with 10 bluies and a few beardies to sell
should not have to pay the same as the big guys who have gtp, roughies,bhp, woma albinos, even olives and macs to sell

if these expos arent supported there not gunna keep putting them on,its as simple as that
If they dont keep the public happy and know one goes they wont have to worry about organising anything

if these expos arnt supported its because the organiser did not listen to public opinoin and it would leave the door open for someone to come in and make a killing on it
1 ) The pet shop type stands & Groups like snake ranch, snake farmer, aussie pythons ect any one who works under a banner and wants to advertize at the show. weather it be commercial or not ( because its great advertizing for them not only now but in future years when this expo is well and truly over).should pay the most. Commercial great advertizing, pleant of public ect.

2) Breeders which are not commercial (all of them) should pay Jhon weigle, shane, bob, joe blow with his beardies EG Say $150 for 10 or less animals and for top end stuff or over 10 animals its $300

Now with this structure EG
if snake ranch/snake farmer or the (pet shops (lower Pricing)) want to fly there banner it costs them say $1500-$2000 Hell charge them $5000 for all i care (really good advertizement and THEY WOULD BE SILLY NOT TO pay it.)

Due to NPWL law these people would also need to buy a stall to sell there animals $300
this way its fair if they want to use it to advertize chargem

Snake ranch should not pay the same to sell as joe blogs but jhon weigle should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back