Cat curfew in Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is that harsh ? dogs have to be locked up or under control 24/7. Cats should be under the same rules
Very sorry, I was being facetious about cat-lover's sensitivities, in that a "ban" would seem oppressive to them, while a "curfew" doesn't sound as absolute and might be more palatable.

As a dog owner for 50+ years in a "leash law" area prohibiting free-running dogs, I fully agree both dogs AND cats should be confined. Cats are the un-spoken and extremely destructive invasive species here and I realize they are horrific there.

Some years back I lived in a small town where cat ownership was banned. Some people flaunted the rule as cats were sometimes trapped and destroyed. No first, second, or third chances.

I had some friends living in an area with no restrictions on cats but they restricted theirs to inside the house or a large "aviary" structure attached to the house. Access between the house and "aviary" was via a flap the cats could go through anytime. That type of set up should be mandatory for anyone wanting to keep cats.

Latest posts

Back