Cat delema ????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen people go to extremes and have wire tunnels all around their house, so the cats can go outside. Usually they are tunnels in line with the roof guttering, and have all sorts of twists and turns, they look SO awesome.

Too easy, aim wink and pull
Then satisfaction of the ferals gone

I've seen people go to extremes and have wire tunnels all around their house, so the cats can go outside. Usually they are tunnels in line with the roof guttering, and have all sorts of twists and turns, they look SO awesome.
I have 4 indoor cats and have this sort of set up, so they can go outside without menacing wildlife. The enclosure has tunnels, bridges, towers & a big play enclosure... the local birds know they're safe and even tease the cats.... it's a win win.

That's actually really cruel. While I agree the cats should be taken to the pound or RSPCA as they are clearly a menace to local wildlife and the poor reptiles, I do NOT agree with torturing cats that clearly don't know any better.

Actually pulling their claws out, setting them on fire, shoving a lit cracker in their bum, I consider that torture, but not drowning them.

Actually pulling their claws out, setting them on fire, shoving a lit cracker in their bum, I consider that torture, but not drowning them.
I understand there are people who do really dislike cats. However being that there are children who read these posts perhaps
you are being a tad too descriptive. Not to mention a little insensitive to those who dislike any form of(human imposed) cruelty to any animal.
just a thought :)
Have a wonderful night
Regards
Crystal

I understand there are people who do really dislike cats. However being that there are children who read these posts perhaps
you are being a tad too descriptive. Not to mention a little insensitive to those who dislike any form of(human imposed) cruelty to any animal.
just a thought :)
Have a wonderful night
Regards
Crystal

I don't dislike cats.
There are threads on here with dead animals (road kill), snakes having sex (oh my),
snakes shovelled, crocs shot and filleted and witty banter all which could offend the overly sensitive. I shall try and contain my "discriptiveness" when chatting about torture in the future.

Regards

You're joking right? Water torture is a method used all the time, I'd much rather experience pain that was temporary than be drowned to death. Hard choice between the cracker and drowning, though.

I don't dislike cats.
There are threads on here with dead animals (road kill), snakes having sex (oh my),
snakes shovelled, crocs shot and filleted and witty banter all which could offend the overly sensitive. I shall try and contain my "discriptiveness" when chatting about torture in the future.
I get your point, and am not wanting to irritate you. I am quite new myself and have not read all the threads and posts. I just noticed it
wasnt going down too well with a couple of people. I may be wrong, but I didn't think your colourful descriptions were meant in a witty context? and if they were they could easily be miscontrued as serious by younger people. I am pleased you are going to be sensitive in regard to your discriptiveness whilst chit chatting about torure in the future. You are a real S.N.A.G.
Well done :)

You're joking right? Water torture is a method used all the time, I'd much rather experience pain that was temporary than be drowned to death. Hard choice between the cracker and drowning, though.

I totally agree Krider! Drowning is neither quick nor peaceful.

And I'll get pics of my cat run when there is some daylight!

Might go good in the crab pot..........

Yeah might go okay. Do you recomend popping them in alive or dead?
Actually you could cut out the middle man and just eat the cat.
Certainly been done before.
Supposed to taste alright?

This has been one hell of a cat fight,but until this thread is closed we won't be able to tally up the winner.The cat haters,the cat killers,the cat torturers,the cat lovers,the fence sitters,people with actual advice and finally the randoms.

This has been one hell of a cat fight,but until this thread is closed we won't be able to tally up the winner.The cat haters,the cat killers,the cat torturers,the cat lovers,the fence sitters,people with actual advice and finally the randoms.
I reckon the winner will be the OP once he gets rid of his problems(which ever way he chooses)
:)

Ha ha
Oh yeah advice...... Take it to the pound. If they go and get it you will know they love their pet. All good.
If they don't you have a plan for the next 2.

All you people saying kill the cat, besides it being just as illegal as the cat roaming at night, it is someones pet. How would you feel if someone killed your pet. It is not the cats fault, it is the owners fault.

Can't kill the owners these days.

How upset would the cat be?

I have no problem with cats that are contained/restricted so as they dont leave the owners yard/house, good on those responsible enough to keep the animal that way.
But if it leaves your yard and annoys the neighbourhood and native critters then its fair game. Technically its now feral!
No body should have to put up with someone elses so called pet causing havoc !

I used to live on Cobourg Peninsular, NW Arnhem Land, NT, the only place in Australia with all of it's small mammals intact. That is what cats have done to the rest of the country. I only ever found evidence of two cats there and tracked both (1 took 8 days) and despatched both with a 308 round. Both were dead before the sound reached them. Not torture.

The yachties leave them on small islands to avoid paying a $500 deposit in Port Darwin that they lose if the animal is not on board when they leave. They dont realise that with 7 meter tides the islands connect to the mainland on big tides.

In central Aus the locals eat the cats because the cats have killed the animals they used to eat.

I work in remote areas and kill every cat I come across. They are nobody's pet.

And on the drowning thing, I drowned when I was a young bloke and I cant remember ever being so relaxed once the oxygen cut out. A mate dragged me out and they got me fired up again but seriously, it was not painful.

The real issue with cats is not so much what they eat but all the animals they mangle just because they can.

There is a feline killing virus but no antidote so it would kill the pets and the zoo mob etc. But it's there and it wouldn't break my heart if the continent returned to a feline free zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back