Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Of the members who own cats.. how many have cat runs outside for their cats?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • no cat run but kept inside

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffa

Reaction score
Step 1. Either buy or grab a loan cat/dog trap from the council.

Step 2. Set trap using cat food, tuna or chicken

Step 3. Wake up the following morning to find this.

Step 4. call the pound to remove animal.

Step 5. Look forward to a quiet and a good night sleep knowing that possibly hundreds of native animals will be prevented an untimely death.

Enjoy

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 554
I wish they sold these traps 2 catch the owners of the cat! They are the ones responsible for keeping their pet inside, & yet its their pet that will probaly suffer!

Isnt just quicker to get a gun and shoot It ferral cats cause a lot of damage thats a big bugger too
sorry to all you cat lovers

Im far from being a 'cat lover', but i dont hate them either! That cat definately doesnt look feral.......YES, aswell as other animals, including humans, cats cause terrible damage but that is why it is up to whoever owns them to keep them inside! I just feel sick when i know that cats are hurt just for doing what cats do, when all it takes is a responsible someone to care for them right!

we have cats running around our house at night all the time... screaming at eachother and fighting.. i never thought of doing this but its crazy out there. ill go outside and theres like 5-6 just ganging up on 1 or just full fighting eachother. thanks for showing me how to fix the situation =)

Step 1. Either buy or grab a loan cat/dog trap from the council.

Step 2. Set trap using cat food, tuna or chicken

Step 3. Wake up the following morning to find this.

Step 4. call the pound to remove animal.

Step 5. Look forward to a quiet and a good night sleep knowing that possibly hundreds of native animals will be prevented an untimely death.

Enjoy

Step 6. See a doctor and get rid of the paranoia. You just caught someone's loving pet and your action has done bugger all to save wildlife because there are hundreds other cats and there is only one of you.

Step 7. Give yourself a medal - you're a hero.

Last edited:
You can't just go and take someone's pet and send them to their death. How does that help anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Drop in the Ocean!...far too late....damage is done....stable doors.......

Jeffa, if you want to make difference (not that it would make any) or least being seen as doing something meaningful, take your traps and a tin of sardines to the bush and give your skill a run there. Feral and domestic cats may be the same species but they are different just like urban and wild ecology are different.

Step 6. See a doctor and get rid of the paranoia. You just caught someone's loving pet and your action has done bugger all to save wildlife because there are hundreds other cats and there is only one of you.

Step 7. Give yourself a medal - you're a hero.

Wow, settle down tiger.

If I can catch a feral cat that will prevent death to innocent aussie animals and reptiles, good on me.
Being an Australian animal photographer Michael, I thought you would appreciate the fact that there will now be more animals to photograph, get your facts right and go mellow with a glass of red or something.

Step 8. reply to stupid wrong statments.

I'm about 1 more late night cat fight away from doing this my self, at least 3 cat owners in my area let them run free.
i like cats, but I'm sick of the buggers pulling bones out of the compost and walking over my car and wost of all fighting at 2-3am out side my bedroom.

i simply want to owners to be more responsible but not knowing who they are i don't have many options.

Mate, you haven't caught a feral cat - you caught probably your neighbor's pet. Do you really believe that your action have made any difference?

Step 8. is not making much sense to me but ...... who cares.

geez, give him a break, hes taking it to the pound where the loving owner has a chance to purchase the cat back and keep it indoors out of harms way,......

if id seem an otto bin full of water in step 4 i'd be opposed.

Need that to be a man trap, cos we! are public enemy Numero Uno.......I came to grips with the reality, that its all downhill, years ago>>>:mad:

To all, This animal was trapped on my property that backs onto state forest, flame me all you want but if I prevent the loss of only one animal that is a win.
If anyone has a problem doing what I have done then take a look in the mirror.

Everyone jumps the gun and just assumes, sheesh.

I'm about 1 more late night cat fight away from doing this my self, at least 3 cat owners in my area let them run free.
i like cats, but I'm sick of the buggers pulling bones out of the compost and walking over my car and wost of all fighting at 2-3am out side my bedroom.

i simply want to owners to be more responsible but not knowing who they are i don't have many options.

I sympathise with you Tristan. Have visited the cat owners and told them what will happen if they don't get their act together? Sometimes it works, if not, Step 10. Nudge them up a bit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back