Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy-Morelia

Reaction score
Guy from work has asked me to give him a hand to try and catch the red belly he has in his wall at home:shock:first aid is kitted up ready for action wish me luck people i think im gunna need it this timeLOL AND YES IT WILL BE RETURN BACK TO THE WILD:D

Don't let your head get too big. Sorry but it really makes me cringe hearing about or watching ppl handle animals they know nothing about. I don't mean that in a bad way but playing with venomous snakes isn't something you have to be macho about. If you have no experience then you really should be calling WIRES or whoever the local wildlife care organisation is, in your area. The snake will only get upset if you's beat around the bush putting you and your friend at higher risk of being bitten and the animal escaping. By the sounds I hope the snake does get away.

we rang 8 people to come and get it got no response what so ever plus he doesnt want to pay $200 $300 for someone to do it

snake_boy said:
how did the "professionals" become "professional"?

Regardless of how the "professionals" came to know what they were doing, reptiles are now a hobby that has rules and regulations by which you may follow (which means, of course, doing a course to handle and remove venomous snakes). If you don't, you risk doing something very stupid and getting bitten- which furthers the bad reputation snakes have with the general population.

I hope we don't see you in a news link on here.

YOUR COWBOY ATTITUDE is what is destroying the industry ..YOU FAIL to get the jist of what it is truely all about ...and I wont wish you luck ..I WILL WISH YOU COMMONSENSE!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

we rang 8 people to come and get it got no response what so ever plus he doesnt want to pay $200 $300 for someone to do it
By the way where abouts on the sunny coast ?
Cause I know a few in that area ..and they dont charge$ 200-$300 at all ...

Unfortunately python boy you NEED a BETTER attidute then that..im pretty certain theres someone on the Sunshine Coast that will remove for nothing,dont underestimate a Red Belly Black,most are reasonably placid,however it ONLY takes a nasty one..If you havent handled or caught any before i suggest you find that appropiate person to catch it...mark

You don't need the answer to this. You're just trying to get a bite out of someone. Professional ppl get bitten too, but its their wealth of knowledge and understanding the behaviours of venomous snakes that reduce that risk. Professionals get bitten, some have died. They died trying to learn how to keep you safe. We aren't in the dark ages anymore where experience could only be gained by trial and error. Do yourself a favour and learn some respect. If you don't care about your friend risking his life then at least consider the stress they have no doubt already put that animal through. Cruel acts just to be able to come back here and say you caught a venomous snake won't be congratulated, that's for sure.

dont do it

mate do not remove it yourself it will be stressed by this stage, ive had red bellies move like lightning and if you dont have any experience with them the outcome is not going to be good, dont be a hero call someone who knows what they are doing, venemous snakes are a completely different ball game to pythons

Don't listen to all of these people with experience and knowledge, just go and do it, you'll be right, then when you are done come back here and post the link to the news article that shows you in hospital being treated for snake bite so we can all have a really good laugh at your expense.

YOUR COWBOY ATTITUDE is what is destroying the industry ..YOU FAIL to get the jist of what it is truely all about ...and I wont wish you luck ..I WILL WISH YOU COMMONSENSE!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
some of the experts started as cowboys , and still are .

hrmmmm mate dont wanna pay $200 or $300 dollars yet you could well pay with your life .,... kinda shows you the value of that friendship wouldnt you say ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back