Cats: loveable pets or natural born killers. ERADICAT Tonight on SBS 8.30

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the ONLY GOOD CAT is A DEAD ONE.
Right up there with foxes, rats , mice and rabbits , as vermin , and as bad as foxes.

People who will not keep their cats contained and unable to harm native animals are jerks. Don't expect help from your local council either if you have a murderous or destructive pet cat in the nneighbourhood.

I see u have taken the typical narrow minded view of some...the only good cat is a dead cat. Such a childish argument. Wouldn't a more constructive comment have been the only good cat is one that is locked up and not able to freely roam the neighborhood causing such destruction?

Have a look at my comment on page one of this thread and wouldn't u not agree that is the more appropriate avenue to take??

For me... I'm anti any animal in Australia that isn't native. I don't keep exotic reptiles and therefore I'm against cats and dogs. You can't be against exotic reptiles and be pro cats. It's hypocritical....

For me... I'm anti any animal in Australia that isn't native. I don't keep exotic reptiles and therefore I'm against cats and dogs. You can't be against exotic reptiles and be pro cats. It's hypocritical....

So you only use & consume Australian made products only?
I mean where does the hypocrisy stop & the narrow mind begins?

So you only use & consume Australian made products only?
I mean where does the hypocrisy stop & the narrow mind begins?
Narrow minded begins with people who keep non native animals but profess exotic reptiles should be illegal.
Australian made products doesn't protect our flora and fauna. Probably the exact opposite. You're confusing the topic of Australian environment with Australian economics. I really shouldn't waste my time with posts like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bow hunter and if I get to drive a feral cat through the chest in the bush its a good day, and that goes for any feral I see, pig, deer, goat ect. My wife has a cat she keeps it in doors but believes it should be able to run the streets " big argument" it now lives inside. I don't like them but I see the smile on my boys face with ours so I tolerate it lol.

Don't you feed your native reptiles exoctic prey? By purchasing them are you not supporting the breeding of non native animals in Australia? ;)

Don't you feed your native reptiles exoctic prey? By purchasing them are you not supporting the breeding of non native animals in Australia? ;)
Yes I feed them the cats and mice I catch as part of my eradication program.

I see u have taken the typical narrow minded view of some...the only good cat is a dead cat. Such a childish argument. Wouldn't a more constructive comment have been the only good cat is one that is locked up and not able to freely roam the neighborhood causing such destruction?

Have a look at my comment on page one of this thread and wouldn't u not agree that is the more appropriate avenue to take??

I see .... if it's a wild native reptile or bird , and not on someone's licence or bought from a breeder, it's fair game and you don't care if someone's uncontrolled pet cat or a feral cat attacks it or maimes it or terrorises it , FOR THE FUN OF IT (afterall the cat is ONLY DOING WHAT IT"S HARD WIRED BY IT"S INSTINCTS TO DO and IT"S NOT THE CAT"S FAULT).

And of cause unless some kind person rescued the injured animal and took it to a vet it's condemned to a hideous painful death when the SI due to nasty bacterior on puss's teeth and claws take effect .

I've just watched the SBS program , honestly some of those cat rescue people are fruitloops, you can not reason with them , just like most cat owners who think their cat/s can do no wrong are angelic..

Last edited:
I see the damage cats inflict first hand and there is no terrestrial environment here where they are not active. I think cats are great ON THOSE CONTINENTS WHERE THEY ARE NATIVE.

On this continent they should be neutered (apart from registered breeders) and imo any cat wandering the bush is fair game.

I tracked a single cat for 2 weeks on Cobourg Peninsular and it killed and abandoned hundreds of birds, mammals and reptiles. I found it and destroyed it. And will continue to do so. But I agree it's not the cat's fault, it is the irresponsible owners. This cat had been left on a small island by a yachtie who didnt want to pay the $500 bond to bring the animal into Darwin Harbour (forefieted if the animal is not on board when you leave.) The cat just walked ashore at low tide. It was one of only 2 cats I ever found in the Park over 3 years living there, being in the field every day. As Longqi says when there are no cats the wildlife is prolific, people just just dont realise it because cats are everywhere.

Narrow minded begins with people who keep non native animals but profess exotic reptiles should be illegal.
Australian made products doesn't protect our flora and fauna. Probably the exact opposite. You're confusing the topic of Australian environment with Australian economics. I really shouldn't waste my time with posts like this.

Yup.
So let's ban guide dogs for the blind because they're not native, get German Shepherds out of the police force as well as the horses.
And while you're at it, let's ban sheep & cattle from this country too...afterall look at the damage they do to the land.
Oh I forgot about the chickens & pigs too.
Dam non-natives.

Last edited:
Yup.
So let's ban guide dogs for the blind because they're not native, get German Shepherds out of the police force as well as the horses.
And while you're at it, let's ban sheep & cattle from this country too...afterall look at the damage they do to the land.
Dam non-natives.
I refuse to argue with an idiot. They only drag you down to their level and beat you with experince.... Can't say I've ever seen a cat leading the blind hahahaha.
Nothing wrong with being vegan.... Unless you have a narrow minded view on how people should live.

my brother has a pic of a cat with an X thru it on his car door,each pic represents 10 cats,atm he has 7 pics. they are how many he has killed. and every one of them is a feral cat,that is either let loose by their stupid ignorant owners to run as they see fit or dumpers. it dont matter which,if he sees them when he's out hunting of a night time,they get a bullet. you could do the same with horses,camels,dogs,foxes,deer,rabbitspigs,goats,and probably more. dont get me wrong,i dont hate cats as such,its what irresponsible let them do by not having a cat cage for them to "play" in outside that i hate. and before you ask,yes i had a cat,she was a dumper that wandered into the yard one day and stayed,very beautiful gunmetal blue colour,who could bail up a doberman in the back yard and have it crying like a baby

Yup.
Dam non-natives.

Well dogs are considered native Canis familiaris dingo, I would love to see cows and sheep replaced with free range roos and emus. There are now 40 million feral pigs so good riddance to them and the rabbits and foxes. Horses and camels destroy the sensitive water holes in arid lands so off they go too.

"If wishes were horses then beggars would ride"

Unfortunately we are stuck with the lot of them. Getting rid of say 15 million people would certainly help our environment but apparently we need MORE!

I refuse to argue with an idiot. They only drag you down to their level and beat you with experince.... Can't say I've ever seen a cat leading the blind hahahaha.
Nothing wrong with being vegan.... Unless you have a narrow minded view on how people should live.

You started this by comparing an exotic reptile to the domesticated dog & cat & then going all anti-Australian with yer rant.
Yes, I agree. It takes one idiot to argue with another idiot.

You started this by comparing an exotic reptile to the domesticated dog & cat & then going all anti-Australian with yer rant.
Yes, I agree. It takes one idiot to argue with another idiot.
And I still maintain that view. Australian natives for pets only. Never said you have to like it. Anti Australian? Get on with your own life, or find one. lol. The end.

Well dogs are considered native Canis familiaris dingo, I would love to see cows and sheep replaced with free range roos and emus. There are now 40 million feral pigs so good riddance to them and the rabbits and foxes. Horses and camels destroy the sensitive water holes in arid lands so off they go too.

"If wishes were horses then beggars would ride"

Unfortunately we are stuck with the lot of them. Getting rid of say 15 million people would certainly help our environment but apparently we need MORE!
Fantastic response. Hopefully he learnt something from that.

And I still maintain that view. Australian natives for pets only.

Yup. I'm off to get my domesticated native joey.
Hope it likes living on a balcony in the inner city suburbs of Sydney.

I guess our economy needs horses and cattle and sheep, but agree that better use could be made of farming our wildlife (another hornets nest)...
Maybe the feral argument could be simplified so that any feral animal, (dog, cat, pig, camel, sheep, fox, rabbit, rat, mouse, bird, etc) not under effective control of a person (including domestic cats etc) should be caught up and dealt with.
Arid area national parks and other native areas are drowning under the weight of feral animals. (spent many weeks over years at a lot of arid area parks, spotlighting at night for reptiles and frogs) and the amount of feral goats, cats and rats and mice were staggering. As such, I fully support allowing shooters into National Parks to kill feral animals.(another political, greenie hot potato).
Certainly makes more sense than the annual duck hunting season down south.....
I had a mate with a pet shop and in the space of 3 weeks when I was looking after the shop for him, I had a total of 38 kittens dumped on the doorstep, because the lovely RSPCA ...for all creatures great and small... would only accept them with a $30.00 fee per kitten... so dumping much more easy.
I am not a cat person, but can see the attraction of them (and so does my big pythons) but inside or not at all I reckon.
Sorry for rambling..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back