Centipede Care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexahnder

Reaction score
For the last few weeks i have been keeping a 20cm long centipede that i found in someones backyard. It is in a tupperware container with peat moss substrate and a few leaves to hide under. I have been feeding it on pinkies and crickets. How often should i feed it?? Currently i am feeding it once or twice a week. Does it need heating?? Is it possible to brred centipedes??

Thanks

Alexahnder

very interesting pet! I would think there would be no special requirements i.e. heating, afterall its been living outside right. maybe a peice of bark to hide under. the only real important thing with keeping any insect life that i can think of is provide a source of moisture, maybe a wet sponge?. insects having small bodys lose moisture easily despite chitanous shells etc. Good luck. p.s. how many legs has it got? lol :D

Centi...Hmmm, I think it was one of those days I decided to tune out of maths. I'm pretty sure it 6 though. :wink:

not sure if it centipede or millipede supposed to have 100legs =50 pairs? lol :idea:

centi is greek or latin and means 100 milli is greek or latin and means 1000.

It is rare for centipedes to ever have 100 legs. And if anyone found a millipede with 1000 legs i'd buy it straight away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back