Central netted dragon enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ben1200

Reaction score
Hi all im setting up an enclosure for some central netted dragons that i would like to purchase and just want to know if im on track.
The area space is 100cmx50x45 i want to use a oz bright globe mounted above the cage for the day run on a timer a black or red globe for night on thermostat at around 30c a heat rock in a sand tray and a heat mat under the tray.
The tray is there for ease of cleaning and also give the buggers some where to dig.
Im hoping to house a trio in this enclosure
What do u think?

Just use the oz-bright and a heat mat. Run the heat mat under the enclosure on a thermostat. The probe from the thermostat should be buried in the sand at the warm end and set at about 28-30 degrees. Just run the oz-bright for 10-12 hours during the day (I do anyway...some people have it coming on and off at different times but I don't do that) and leave the heat mat running 24/7.

Also with using the oz-brights (which can't be used on a thermostat) make sure the enclosure has excellent ventilation or temps will become very very intense.

Simon Archibald

Thanks

so no need to run a black globe a night should i mount the globe in a dome or just on the top of the enclosure. What about wattage should i use 100 or 160 watt globe thank again

Thanks

so no need to run a black globe a night should i mount the globe in a dome or just on the top of the enclosure. What about wattage should i use 100 or 160 watt globe thank again

RE: Thanks

i'm using a 3x2x2 foot enclosure atm with a 160W oz bright suspended above the cage in the warm end over a big hole which is 1x1 foot for ventilation. that runs for 16 hours in the day and when that turns off a ceramic comes on to keep it at about 23-24 for night time.

Use the 160watt...no need to use globes at night...just the heat mat will be fine.

Simon Archibald

I use a 100w ozbright for my central netteds. It is in the enlcosure and is run on a timer. I put it on a timer to stop excess heat in the cool end, allows it to cool in the off period. The rocks under the ozbright maintain heat in the hot end in the periods that the lights are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back