central netted dragon help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snake6p

Reaction score
has any one bred central netted dragons?
i wanted to no if you need to hybernate them
and if so when and how long for.

cheers.

Hi mate I have been asking around that question my self .

I got told to separate the male from the females for about 3 months ,with his temperature about 5 degrees cooler and leave the females at there normal temperature.
can some one elaborate a bit more on that.

Hibernate is a strong word and not necessarily referred to in reptiles, they have a brumation period (semi-dormancy) where they aren't as active but do not actually hibernate.

For Central Netted's this usually only happens if you manually provide a 'cool period' or you live in a climate that effects the room temp enough to reduce the enclosure temps. It has been suggest that dragons who brumate can have a higher sperm and egg count.

To induce mating, you can try a couple of things -

• Separate the male, even for just a couple of weeks to a month, and then reintroduce him. No need to fiddle with temps at this stage. Your overall temps should be high though. Say 25˚ absolute min. at the cool end with a warm end and basking area of around 40˚ (even up to 45˚ absolute max.). This will usually be enough to induce mating displays. Make sure you have at least a 5˚ but preferably 10˚ difference between cool and hot ends.

• Other than that you can leave them in together but make the temp adjustments just mentioned and that will often be enough to induce mating. If your enclosure is already at these temps then you will need to take the male out for a while.

thanks for that me temps are good so i will try seperating them

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back