Central netted dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDkeeper

Reaction score
Hey guys im just wondering if this tank would be ok for central netted dragon/s
Ps i still need a uv light and some plants

avume5at.jpg

Its got a hotspot of around 30 wich i will need to kick up a bit.

Its got a hide an 1 burrow/ hide
6u9ajy4e.jpg

ubunu6y5.jpg

The substrate is kids play sand from bunnings and i made the background myself

Any help or advice will be taken into consideration and thought of seriously

They definitely like height as they are climbers. That sand is ok, although I went for the desert sand or even better is Kritters Crumble (coarse). They love to scratch around in it. Hot spot in the high 30's and as usual a thermal gradient.

I keep 7 of them, albeit in a large enclosure and have no issues. Not always the case though.

That enclosure will be ok but if u do end up changing throw in a big more height next time.

The setup is great although I would replace the infrared with a normal basking light (the ones from Bunnings are great) as the red colour makes it quite hard to enjoy their natural colouration.

Height is not important whatsoever as they are a desert, burrowing species, I have all my setups around 45cm high (about the same as yours) as this allows me to easily create a basking spot in the recommend range distance for the UVB.

The setup is great although I would replace the infrared with a normal basking light (the ones from Bunnings are great) as the red colour makes it quite hard to enjoy their natural colouration.

Height is not important whatsoever as they are a desert, burrowing species, I have all my setups around 45cm high (about the same as yours) as this allows me to easily create a basking spot in the recommend range distance for the UVB.

Yeah i was actually just thinking about changing the party light to a normal bulb and think i will get some normall lights next time im at bunnings, and my tank is around 60-65cm high just if anyone is wondering

Ok guys here's a better photo of the tank
8e7yjemy.jpg
and I have replaced the light and all of that stuff but now that I've got the tank ready I can't find a care sheet so if anyone can please direct me to a site or another topic on here's that would be great cause I've been looking and can't really find a good realiable one

Ok so i have the polycarbonate and my brothers friends dad is going to be getting me a big stainless steel hinge across the bottom and a couple of new bolts and all of the small little stuff that most people wont notice but when they do it looks really good stuff, but yeah just a bit of an update

Ok just a bit of an update and finish. I fixed up the light changed the opening door from swinging to sliding and got my central netted :D
Here are some pics
Ps s/he's is around 3 months old and going into s/he's second shed with me
je3esa5u.jpg

hupe9a3u.jpg

yza8u5y6.jpg

use9yvaj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back