Central Netted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

makaveli

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey people thinking of getting a central netted dragon, does anybody know of any hints/tips for lighting, heating, ect?

nope but i hope someone else does cause Im interested in getting some myself

Makaveli - best thing would be to do a google search for central dragon care sheets and/or bearded dragon care sheets. There are plenty around. Before u know it u will have a wealth of information and by then u will get the general gist of what to and what not to do.

I have successfully kept 4 bearded dragon hatchlings and grew them up for about a year and a half, do you know of anything i need to do different with the netteds? P.S i am searching the net while i wait for replys so i get the best of both info sources lol =P

finally some one else interested in central netted's. you cant go wrong with these guys they are an absolute blast to keep as pets. they offer hours of entertainment and are just the most adorable creatures know to the dragon world in my opinion.

firstly i will mention that the information i am about to share with you has come from an issue of the 'reptiles australia' magazine so i cant take credit for eveything i am about to share.

i have used the following techniques and have successfully kept central netted's for over a year now. the first thing i will mention is that these guys love to dig so red desert sand as substrate is an absolute must, not only does it help them keep active and fit it also helps emensly when they start to shed. often my centrals will dig themselves under for periods of time and sit in the hot sand just to chill out. i made the mistake of allowing them to dig in and around a rock that was slightly elevated, i recently had a female get stuck and as a result fry when she couldnt get out... my bad. so first step either dont use rocks or make sure they are sitting on the base of your tank and then build the sand up around it. another option for a good hide is to half burry a nice sized piece of curved bark they will often dig themselves in to hide away for a bit. i have found this works much better than letting them dig around rocks.

these guys love it hot they live in the desert so treat the enclosure like the desert. i half a heat chord running under half the tank along with a basking lamp accompanied by a reptisun 5.0 spectrum fluro. all heating is connected to a thermostat and runs throughout the day. i dont bother with night time heating because the sand retains heat well and night time lows are encountered naturally in the wild anyway. i set my thermostat to about 32C so that i have a hot spot of 40-45C and a cool end of about 25-26C dont be afraid to give them heat, they love it.

feed them daily as juvies making sure you coat their food with calcium and vitamin powder every day to ensure a good healthy diet. they also love fresh vegies chopped finely, use your imagination and they will chose what they like themselves. a good diet should include tomato, lettuce, they love bokchoy just about anything colourful and vegetable.

being a smaller dragon they can be easily kept in smaller tanks. multiple females can be kept with males but it is not suggested to keep males together as they can get into savage wrestling matches, although extemely facinating to see this can cause uneccesary stess for your pets.

hope this answers a few of your queiries if you have any more questions please feel free to pm only glad to help.

cheers bundy

Hi Makaveli,

Check out my website and download the care sheet -

www.centralnetteddragon.com

My book isn't too far off, I'll make sure I announce it's release but it's still a few months away.

Bundy's advice is pretty much on the money but one thing is definitely incorrect and that is using a Multi-Vitamin every day. Big no-no as it can result in certain vitamin toxicities e.g. Vitamin A (look for a multi-vitamin that has Beta Carotene since it's a precursor to Vitamin A it allows the reptile to metabolise the amount of Vitamin A they need and avoid overdosing).

Multi-Vitamin powder should only be given once per week.
Calcium, however, must be included in every feed as mentioned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back