Ceramic Heat emitter with an on/off Thermostat?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstractivity

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you can use a Ceramic Heat emitter with an on and off thermostat? never been good with electrical side of things.(HPM thermostat don't know model or make) thanks in advance

Depends if you mean pulse proportional or an old style on off thermostat.

I wouldn't use a ceramic under any circumstances anyway, but if you really must use one for some bizarre reason, use a dimming thermostat.

Hey thanks I don't mind using other heating I just wanted something that didn't emit light

like many other people you haven't mentioned what reptile, what area, or what reason you want it for? How can we offer advice if we have no info?

Because he just asked if it can be used with an on off thermostat, ie, will or won't the thermostat destroy the heater. You don't need to know any of those things to answer this question.

I do currently have heat mats running and prefer them just had the thermostat there and thought it would be interesting to see how it heated up the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back