chameleons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

masejake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I went into a locap reptile store today to buy my crickets, i did notice a a guy watching me as i looked into every tank as we all do.
as i paided and walked up he called out "hay mate" i turned around and he was vert close, he then went on to ask me what reptiles i had, i replied with a few things...
he went on to ask me if i wanted a pair of chameleons his mate has. i didnt want to ask any further details as i was shocked, he has told me to meet him at same time friday.....

is there alot of this that goes on? are there really chameleons here?

thankyou

I've seen heaps on pet classifed sites ... But never heard of people walking up and offering!! Could it be a undercover officers???

But it's illegal to have them, right?
Wouldn't it be better for the EPA to give out (to experienced handlers) some sort of license to keep illegal animals, just to (A) get the animals off of the streets and (B) help catch the guys who have imported them?
I would love some, by the way, if they ever become legal!

offered almost exotic under the sun but cause there illigal it sucks i would love to have a few exotic snakes but eh gotta follow the law

But it's illegal to have them, right?
Wouldn't it be better for the EPA to give out (to experienced handlers) some sort of license to keep illegal animals, just to (A) get the animals off of the streets and (B) help catch the guys who have imported them?
I would love some, by the way, if they ever become legal!

Animals that are not native do not fall under the EPA's jurisdiction, but instead under DPI.

Contact relevant authorities and organise your own undercover sting on the guy.:lol:

i have been offered everything from allagators, vipers, chameleons, tortoises and much more, would be great if they wern't ilegal

Animals that are not native do not fall under the EPA's jurisdiction, but instead under DPI.
Iv recently heard that you can get a license to keep exotics from the DPI under the condition that you do not keep more than one of each species

Last edited:
Yeah i always thought that too lyn, but iv heard about that DPI license from a couple of sources lately, doesn't mean its true though

what area was this in just the suburb will do fine as i go to a lot of shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back