chameleons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why can't people just let all this "oh, i was offered an exotic the other day" or "did you see the clasifieds on the net, they are selling exotics"

GET OVER IT ALREADY.
There are exotics in australia and they are here to stay.

WOW :shock::shock: I didn't know that!!!!!!:lol:

Not everyone is privy to this information..... APS is going to get these types of threads weekly till.. well.. the end I guess!

agreed!!!

Not that I'm for for the keeping of exotics in Australia, but it seems to me that the general consencus on this site is "Lets tell the authorities about everything! Even the little guy!!"

I suppose none of you have ever broken any laws and are perfect citizens? None of you have every used a moblie while driving? Littered? It's also illegal to have a home with out a fire alarm! Smoked in a public place? Own an unregistered dog? Fed live rodents to snakes????

Why are people so quick condem?

fair enough kurto, i understand where your coming from
but it would be better then going ones self in case it was an undercover..... or just let it be
i remember when all iw antwed was a hamster.... i looked EVERYWHERE for one lol

That's a classic! I think I'll pick... MAGICIAN!! :) I know this one trick with a piece of string...

If you want a chameleon, go to Madagascar. I lived in the bush there for awhile when I was younger - big chameleons everywhere! I used to drink cups of tea and read books sitting up in the mango trees around the property, and these big ol' chameleons would come sauntering along the branch, get to me, take one look, and keep right on walking over the top of me! They were great! Every now and again, we'd grab one and stick it on something really colourful to watch it hiss and change colours. A bit mean, I guess, but it made you appreciate how special they were... It'd be great if you could have them here, but it's so much nicer seeing them in their natural home and still being able to interact with them (even if they were unimpressed :) ).

I'm with boa , never herd of anything like this before...exotics, hybrids and idiots in australia is a myth.

Cheers.

They are here, but we can help reduce the numbers by making people appreciate our native reptiles more. We have alot of great reptiles! It just takes time to educate & establish. Maybe one day those selling exotics will have to cull most of there stock, but they will always be here, its human nature to desire what we can't have..

I reckon 10 yrs and exotics will be on licence, i mean come on there are already populations of cornsnakes in the bush and also im sure there are a far few dams with exotic turtles in em eg. red ear sliders (i think thats them) exotics have been here for decades and aint exactly thinning out despite best efforts and it aint just reptiles ive seen exotic mammals and insects, especially tarrantulas so hurry up and put them all on licence cause no body wants to pay hundreds of dollars for a corn lol

ya reckon mate, ive seen em, been offered purple ones, and just last week saw an add on petlink for gold and red hairded species.
Although i dont approve of exotics ive seen quite a few in my time.

Getting caught with exotics is only a slap on the wrist . The painful bit is when they take the rest of your collection [ and destroy them ] . lf you are going to keep them its all or nothing . Most people with exotics have no licence to attract a visit anyway , as long as they dont mouth off down the pub .

Getting caught with exotics is only a slap on the wrist . The painful bit is when they take the rest of your collection [ and destroy them ] . lf you are going to keep them its all or nothing . Most people with exotics have no licence to attract a visit anyway , as long as they dont mouth off down the pub .
A guy got busted with exotics and off license natives not long ago in Nth Sydney, he got fined, the exotics destroyed and the off license natives were given away in a ballot, however his on license collection he was allowed to keep.
The same guy was back in business selling leopard geckos and corns on petlink within a month

"Mate they're both australian species.
Selenotholus glenelva and Phlogius Rubiseta."

lol so they are my mistake i only read one ad that didnt include species names, still i have seen and been offered purple tarantulas from jamaica as well as all the usual exotic reptiles that all keepers are offered in there life.
Oh also seen those massive black scorpions from africa or whatever.

A guy got busted with exotics and off license natives not long ago in Nth Sydney, he got fined, the exotics destroyed and the off license natives were given away in a ballot

Where is the logic in that? I pressume they destroyed the exotics because they may have been imported and carrying desease, but they gave the natives to other keepers when they were in the same collection as the exotics? hahahahaha.. idiots.

Contact relevant authorities and organise your own undercover sting on the guy.:lol:

Why? To catch one guy with a couple of pet lizards which were no doubt bred here in australia. Lot's of little detectives on this site... it's a dog act to dob someone in like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back