charmeleon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DA_GRIZ

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all

does anyone know how much a charmeleons are worth

I believe they are worth a maximum fine of $10000 per animal, plus the value of your legally held collection which would also be confiscated.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you are only legally allowed to keep reptiles that are native to Australia (unless you own a zoo).
Chameleons are considered exotic repitles and illegal. That doesn't mean that they are not around though.....

Also, "Most all species of chameleons are listed on CITES, and therefore are either banned from exportation from their native countries are have strict quotas placed on the numbers exported"

alright they ARE illegal but are there and therefore have a price..i've been offered a few starting at $250 for the jacksons and veiled then around the $400-500 for the panthers. i personally wouldnt bother with any exotics they are worthless and in the long run cost you alot more than this with all the fines like mrbredli said can cost you $10,000 plus your collection and any hopes to be a breeder in Australia. but if your desperate to have them try petlink im sure some will pop up:rolleyes:

yer petlink is ur best bet i have seen a couple of different types of exotics on there.
www.petlink.com.au
never no u just might find more then what ur looking for

Can I ask why we are encouraging people to break the law and own EXOTIC animals??????

Insane!

Because breaking the law is cool - geeze haven't you ever seen the Dukes of Hazard? :p

Yee Haaaa...
jumping_general.jpg

Last edited:
It's up to the individual, if you want an exotic then buy one. I don't see how this thread is encouraging people to own them ? I am not the morals police and I would no more tell someone not to own a chameleon than I would tell them not to smoke pot.
The fine for owning one is about a tenth of the maximum on average and 99 times out of 100 they don't touch your licensed animals. No doubt this will bring them out of the woodwork but oh well I'm bored :) LOL.

LOL DUKES OF HAZZARD is THE BEST movie eva.......

btw charmeleons rnt that cool i would much rather a Komodo dragon :):)

I would like too have one they seem cool. The other day someone rang me up and offered me some weird stuff including a charmeleons for $800 too dear for me

Consider moving to America if you want to have a chameleon legally, while you're there get some Leapord gecko morphs the bright orange kind.
The laws are so strict over here because of our fragile eco system, has Steve Irwin taught you nothing!!!??? CRIKEY!

Yesbut they are still cool. Dont advertise bad stuff on petlink becausethe oner sends u an e mail a threats u (trust me words of experince)

but if i could get some for $ 250 id give them a go but no one should let them escape incase they wipe out the native wildlife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back