Chased for 100 yeards by a king brown!?

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by marcus0002, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcus0002

marcus0002 Guest

An old post on another forum, skip to page 4 for a bit of a laugh

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
  2. bk201

bk201 Well-Known Member

since im from mt druitt il do a translation from bogan to english...
    above quote= i was so scared i saw a little snake it tried to escape into a building but because im tough i beat its head in with a stick because snakes are bad m'kay.

3. longqi

longqi Very Well-Known Member

I have heard 1000 stories about snakes chasing people

never heard one story about them catching someone after the chase

4. sd1981

sd1981 Well-Known Member

Yep, I been hunted by a big bad 40ft diamond python.... Lucky I had me a whackin stick and I smashed it good!!! (All with a Hicksville- Deliverance style accent while chewin tobacco)

5. Becca-Marie

Becca-Marie Well-Known Member

I have been chased by a brown, although i always defend it. My dogs saw it from a distance and attacked it. I went down to grab my dog and just as i got there she was bitten. I grabbed her and it chased us but not very far. Got her to the vet which was next door but lost her anyway. But like i said my dogs attacked it, it defended itself. Im not going to lie it was terrifying and i was that i lost my gorgeous girl but i dont blame tge snake.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

6. andynic07

andynic07 Very Well-Known Member

Years ago my dog , a large Doberman had a baby brown bailed up in a tuft of grass and when I called him away he turned and the snake struck and bit him on the lip twice. He started to run towards the house about 200 meters away and collapsed half way back , the snake surprisingly slithered off in the opposite direction to us both. I ran back to the house to grab the car and drove back to my dog and put him in to race him to the vets about 15 mins away. I carried him into the vets and told them he had been bitten by a brown snake , they questioned that it was a brown snake and wanted to observe him for 15 minutes and run a blood test due to the fact that the brown snake venom was apparently expensive. I assured them that it was a brown snake and didn't care what price it was so he was administered the antivenom and recovered. He was never the same dog though , he didn't run around chasing things like he used to and was a lot quieter.

7. marcus0002

marcus0002 Guest

This one here was gold, same guy, seems to like telling a few tall tales.

8. Venomous_RBB

Venomous_RBB Very Well-Known Member

I was walking my horses in my own paddock, I heard this crack and looked around, a tree branch had fallen and I noticed this RBB slithering straight for us, I halted the horses and watched "her", she diverted into the fallen logs but I was worried that she would come our way and one of the horses would spook and hurt her or vice-versa. She didnt though which was good.

The only reason I say she is that there was a lot of hatchie RBB's around the area that season, it could of been a male ^^

It's a shame that someone bashed the snakes head in with a stick... People...!

@Becca-Marie - I am very sorry for your loss, however am glad you dont blame the snake :)
    @andynic07 - Glad your Dobie survived, shame he wasnt the same dog though.

9. Becca-Marie

Becca-Marie Well-Known Member

Iv lost 4 dogs and a horse to snake bite. We lived out on 250 acres, you cant expect not to encounter them its just unfortunate to lose animals.

I did have one particular close call myself, going to see one of my horses one evening. This was the first foal i bred and i was close with him, but this afternoon instead of running to me like he usually did he just stood and snorted at me. Thinking this was unusual i continued to approach, he pawed the ground and snorted again. The next step i took, i felt something not right under my foot (snake) i couldnt move i was so terrified, next thing i knew my horse was stomping all over it and chased it as it slithered away then came trotting back to me. Its funny how some animals react. Feel bad for the snake he was just snoozing when out of nowhere he gets stood on and chased. Both shadow (horse) and i were lucky though.

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

10. borntobnude

borntobnude Guest

My son was chased by a WOMBAT for about ten foot --- he was about 3 and it was a fully grown wombat , Now that was funny

11. Umbral

Umbral Very Well-Known Member

Mum I done runs ova a possum, can we eat it. We ain't had no meat since the dog done died.

12. saratoga

saratoga Well-Known Member

At a push you could possibly describe this as a chase, but in my mind if you get chased by something you have to run a considerable distance with the animal behind you in hot pursuit, not just shuffle quickly backwards for 3 or 4 metres. Anyone who says they have been "chased" more than a few metres by a snake is having a loan of you. Ever met anyone who has been caught!

Don't chase Brown Snakes (Pseudonaja nuchalis) - YouTube

13. $NaKe PiMp

$NaKe PiMp Very Well-Known Member

where theres toothless bogans, theres DUMB snake stories

14. Sissy

Sissy Active Member

Sissy was chased by wild geese when she was 3 or 4 now that was terrifying for her! And hilarious to the rest of us.... there were probs 15 to 20 chasing her for bread... she soon dropped it... and when she telss the story there are hundreds... motto if you're in a paddock with a big old rat and if you encounter a big old bad dangerous snakey... just drop the rat... :)

15. Cypher69

Cypher69 Well-Known Member

I was in this cubicle at a truck stop & I swear it was a BHP poking its head out at me!

16. rockett85

rockett85 Not so new Member

Hahahahahahahahaha!

17. dragonlover1

dragonlover1 Subscriber Subscriber

A Big Hairy Poo ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.