• Check out the new Feedback and suggestions forum. This adds the ability to add ideas for the site and upvote/downvote them. It would be great to hear from you all in how we can boost site activity and who would like to assist with some exciting ideas from Rob and I.

Cheap and insulating backgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cidden

Not so new Member
Hello peeps, just seeking ideas for a super cheap background option. I have an enclosure around 1430x770x390mm and all sides are glass. I’m struggling to keep the heat stable and also want it to look a bit nicer and offer some privacy for my very shy Bredli who will be moving in. I don’t have the time to make a 3D one from foam right now and printed ones don’t seem to come big enough. So my options so far have been:
coloured or black cardboard (taped on the outside)
Foam board
Core flute

I figured core flute could go inside and would insulate a little and if I get it black it’ll provide privacy and look better. Anyone else done this or have other super cheap and easy backgrounds.

I have made 3D ones before for my frogs but it’s time consuming and ends up being costly especially for a tank this size.

Here is the tank, it’s still a work in progress and does not have substrate, hides, heat cable or the rest of the decor.

upload_2019-7-23_19-26-47.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.