Cheap as Thermostat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks exactly the same, different supplier tho (& more expensive).. Didn't have a box and few directions, I couldn't plug it in long enough to really set it.. Still an Aust supllier... Once bitten, twice shy...

i'd hazard a guess that you plug the cord for the heat source into the holes in the front of the thermostat....just lookin at the picture in the link in the OP

I bought one of these. They're great! Now they've halved in price, I bought a second as a backup. It allows about a 3°C variant but that's fine. Yes, just plug the heat source into the front of the unit.

i got the same one for the same price
what you do is plug the heat source in the front then a red light should show means heat blue means cold
so after that press set the numbers should be flashing and use the other buttens to go put the temps up or down

peace

my two arrived today, they seem to work well, so far. they took 5 week to get here though.

Unfortunately, I've got two. One died after two months; the other seems to have died yesterday at about five months.

..."Expensive must be best"?.../QUOTE]

Ah, ah it reminds me of 3 Nikon cameras back in 80's, when Nikon advertised - you're a better photographer if you buy the most expensive camera...
And yet, the inside guts were all the same!

The story repeats itself again in 2012, w/ 3 Nikons Made in China - the guts inside are all the same, just a different casing (and high prices)!

Now back to the topic, I've used 3 of those, for my 3 animals for last year or so and never failed or caused any stress.

But then again, for $11 incl. delivery, I cannot get too upset if one fails, I'll just order another one next day.

And re the ETA, it's so hot at moment, my thermostats are almost never ON, so I can afford the wait, and spend the left over 70 bucks on a few beers. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of heat sources can this $13 one be used with?
Sounds fantastic! thanks for the idea. pet shops are rip offs.

Hey guys. I am electrician who specializes in airconditioning. So I work with thermostats and heaters everyday. I couldn't load up the eBay page to see the thermostat. but I have bought 2 thermostats of eBay for $13 each. One 2 and a half years ago and one 1 and a half years ago. They required a bit of wiring but no biggie. They are great, can set the temp, dead band and all the rest. I have never had any problems. Always check your thermostat is working properly before putting your mate in. But cheaper does not always not as good.

I used to have CHEs (I don't like them, get too hot and dry up air too much)

Now I have 75W infrareds bulbs and 7.5W heat mats.
Hope this helps :)

Thanks rvcasa. I was looking into CHE's. Not sure now but I'm willing to spend the money and test em out. As I'm looking into woma's I shouldn't need too much humidity but if it dries it up heaps maybe I'll use a different substrate or move the water. Gotta get the snake first but will be using a cord whilst in the clickclack anyway. oh well. I'll try options. Live and learn haha.
I guess I was not that keen on the red light produced but I'll see what sort of heating gives me decent temps etc.

Thanks very much.

I have been using one for a year now and have not had a problem. Just because they are cheap does not mean it does not fulfil its role and everything these days are made in china.

X$&! how do I delete this?

Last edited:
Thanks rvcasa. I was looking into CHE's. Not sure now but I'm willing to spend the money and test em out. As I'm looking into woma's I shouldn't need too much humidity but if it dries it up heaps maybe I'll use a different substrate or move the water. Gotta get the snake first but will be using a cord whilst in the clickclack anyway. oh well. I'll try options. Live and learn haha.
I guess I was not that keen on the red light produced but I'll see what sort of heating gives me decent temps etc.

Thanks very much.

I have (and love) red desert sand for my Woma... But the 60W CHE was so hot it started to warp/bow the top lid, made of melamine.

Now w/ 75W IR, it works great!
Cheers.

P.S. the 60W CHEs were only 18-20 bucks each from Sydney incl. delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back