Chicken Necks as a Dietary Meal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What are peoples views on chicken necks as a dietary meal for snakes? my BHP had his first one yesterday along with a adult rat. It is obviously not a soul dietary meal but how often do people feed these things to their pets?

Hey Armand! :)

Personally, I believe a snake should have the "whole" food item, not just parts of it. For example, I give my lot day-old chickens - post-brumation, and as a treat occasionally. The whole food item is digested, feathers, claws, beak, the lot, as the animal's system utilises all the nutrients - not just parts of it!

Hope this helps!

Best,
Carolyn

I used to occasionally feed them chicken necks just to get them onto chicken, then went to complete.

I give them now and then as a bit of extra calcium and a cheap top up. Fine as a supplement.

they cant be too bad,just missing the guts.There good to fill up on cause there so cheap and easy to swallow,black snakes love them

Yeah it's a fair amount cheaper. Thinking about giving him 4 necks every 2 weeks..

Thanks for the info guys! He. Always good to mix up some food.

I work at a butchers and we sell chicken necks for $2.99 a kilo.
And thats expensive IMO, lol
You should be able to get em cheaper at a coles or woolies deli/butcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back