Children's Carpet Python: Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tank size

• L 45cm x W 45cm x H 30cm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • L 60 x W 45 x H 45

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am getting a hatchling Children's Carpet Python and am wondering about a cage size. I understand that when they are younger they must stay in something small but when they are full grow would a L 45cm x W 45cm x H 30cm if not what about a L 60 x W 45 x H 45. which would be better and would it be big enough its whole life as I do not want to upgrade. thanks.

Something around 2-3 feet is suitable with a height of a maximum of 2 feet Should be plenty for its whole life as they are a small python.

You should be going bigger but shorter as they like the ground but will still climb every now and then
90 x 45 x 60cm

Last edited:
Children Carpet Python?

Not exactly sure of that species.

There are the Children's Pythons (Ant. Childreni) and Carpet Pythons (Morelia), and both species need vastly different housing.

Have my children's ":)carpet;)" python in a 600x450x450 enclosure. She's 3 in December so not full size but doing good in this size for now.
When she's out and about I find her climbing up the rocks towards the top of the enclosure at night

I agree with Pinefamily, 45cm x W 45cm x H 30cm is far too small, you'd eventually have to upgrade.
Also, I'd recommend getting a 'melamine' tank if you can, they keep in heat much better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back