Childrens Python Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonas

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just after some advice on my childrens pythons eggs. I had an incubator set up & ready to go incase she was gravid..but due to selling my house & a few open house inspections as a result I turned the incubator off thinking she wasnt as she ate right up until a few weeks before she laid & I never once seen her in an inverted position or any other tell tale signs. Probably a good thing as we have had several long blackouts due to storms recently anyway. Long story short she ended up laying eggs on the bottom of the tub I currently have her in (excuse the torn newspaper) & to raise humidity I give the tub a few sprays each day. She laid about 2 week ago now & the eggs havent changed during that time but they still look collapsed Im guessing due to lack of humidity? Have many other members had any success with natural incubation & do you think the eggs will survive even though slightly collapsed? Ive hatched several clutches of snake eggs before in an incubator but was kind of caught off guard this time. Thanks

75F08C71-BCC6-4A07-9875-22FA91C01D7E.jpeg

You could put some damp sphagnum moss around to help her along but they will probably be fine so long as they don't dry out.
When you do spray be careful........water and eggs dont go well together.

Thanks Pauls_Pythons. I did think about adding sphagnum but didnt want to stress her out/mess with the eggs to much so decided against it. She dragged her hide (not pictured) so its just on the heatmat & laid the eggs under it. There was 1 slug that she disgarded amongst them but the others look ok except for being a bit dimpled. When I mist..I only give a few sprays on the internal walls to make sure no water comes in contact with the eggs. I have no experience with natural incubation so fingers crossed all goes well.

You dont need to 'mess' with the eggs at all. Just put damp moss into the enclosure close to the hide, it will help with humidity and she may move it into the hide herself or even use it to block the entrance to help stabalise temps.

I have had unexpected clutches laid straight onto newspaper that have hatched out fine without adding anything in the past.

Thanks for the advice, Ill put some near the hide so at least she has more options if the eggs start to dry out. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back