Childrens Python help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexahnder

Reaction score
when i got my childreni pair they were meant to be feeding on thawed mice. After 8 weeks of attempting to feed them with all sizes of mice and rats, i decided to try them on live.

Both of them took live mice for about 5 weeks. the female has not been eating for the past month while the male has been eating.

Today when i fed them the female struck at the mouse then missed, after that she has not shown any interest. also today the male struck at and killed a mouse and then has left it alone. i tried it on another mouse and it did the same. He has been left alone for an hour and has not eaten any of the mice. I put one of the dead mice in with the female and she too has left them alone.

i am beginning to get really worried about the snakes. Should i take them to a vet?? if so what vet?? could they have got sick from one of the mice they ate?? please help!!

Alexahnder

I have only seen pythons kill but not eat when they were really not hungry, ie. after eating already. Low temps would be another reason but I'm sure you would have checked them already. I would tend to back Greebo on this one...... :D

You are a long time away from having to worry about them. My Diamond killed without eating a few times and she once went near on 9 months without a feed with no side effects or anything. She trimmed down a little in weight but was otherwise healthy.

Cheers, Greg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back