Chit Chat posts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
writing back and forth in one thread only takes up one space on the home page which still alows for room for everything else
da_donkey

just read the first page of that thread

i can imagine what may have been said

Is it at all possible to write a comment without it having to be directed at any one person?????Forgive my ignorance in this matter i made an observation without even looking at the people who posted names.
As for the bikini girl with snake if thats what people like to see give em a section AO for that sole purpose,password protect it and no small humans should be able to access it!!At least then we dont open topics and get an eye full! :oops:

I Will now bang my head on the ground until forgiven :(
Odie

Yeah Donk, but post it as what it is - a "look at my t*ts" thread, so we can either ignore it or look at it (for what it is). Maybe it's my low hormone levels or something, but I actually wasted time on a reply to the question posed before I realised that there was no actual question, just a pose! What a dill I am :roll: !

Jamie.

ReptileCity said:
threads are falling off the main page at a very rapid rate. I believe that, if it is possible, having the chit chat threads not appear on the recent posts list would be a good thing.

I agree keep the important reptile info on the scrolly thing only.
Mayby a second scroll for the chatters?

Jason

Finally somebody came with constructive idea.
Second scroll for the chatters is not bad one. One think to all people who winge now. There is no need to read chitchat if you don't like to now. Just go to Discussion forums and read last posts from there. You can pick forum you like and by the date you can see what is new. If the flags work for you , you can pick the posts you did not red.
biggest problem here is that people don't know how to use this site properly and complain.

For example person who started this post should put it in the right forum, and that is site related, APS Discussion I don't read chit chat so often when I am busy and this topic came to my attention just now. ( this is another example that if you don't want to read dribble, you don't have to.)

If you want to complain, you should first try to do the right things your self.

Chit chat will be part of APS as long as this site is under my care.
Reason for that is this:
There is a lot of problem with some members, and specially with chit chat.
But on the other site, This site was created by me long time ago specially for young kids and main part of this site was always chitchat. Kids can talk there about anything and some times to be silly also. APS is not only herp community, this site is created to put people together and to socialize together in more ways then only herps. Some of our members did form relationships on this site and are now married. Lot of us meet outside of APS on regular basis and make friends.
The day when APS will be serious herp. enthusiasts site only, I will feel as I lost my dream.
People who use this site should be more selective what they read and stay out of forums they don't enjoy. Some people do like to be serious and academic and they find plenty of topic to enjoy here, the other who like humor and silly chat should have place here also.
After all most of them grow up and with maturity they start to contribute.
Not much we can do about the idiots who don't behave socially. When mods find something not right, they always act to correct they behaviors.
But on open Internet website this job is sometimes endless. Another thing, you newer can please all people.

Cheers Slateman

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Chit Chat posts

Pythoninfinite said:
Think this is my longest ever post... (thinks... will anyone read it?) :roll:

Ummm NO! 8)

Obviously this Chit Chat topic was specifically designed for those who have wanted to have some involvement in it, but were too afraid to do so! 8) :D

Let it all out people! :lol:

OD

its not the bikini thats keeping me reading it is the sheer fact that its scary how many males have piled into that one thread
and are going there hardest (which isnt much for some of em :lol:) sorry :roll:

i do agree when you post something in the title try and say what it is for like "look at my bikini hope i get away with it coz it has a snake in the pic 2"

if people want to go above pg with pics they can pm them them
start a thread eg bikini then in the comments say post a comment and ill pm you a pic

i forgive you OD please stop banging your head against the ground
or at least put a pillow there

well spoken/put/said Slateman

i agree on what you have said

also hopefully the select few of us will mature prefably sooner than later (me included)

OdessaStud said:
Is it at all possible to write a comment without it having to be directed at any one person?????Forgive my ignorance in this matter i made an observation without even looking at the people who posted names.
As for the bikini girl with snake if thats what people like to see give em a section AO for that sole purpose,password protect it and no small humans should be able to access it!!At least then we dont open topics and get an eye full! :oops:

I Will now bang my head on the ground until forgiven :(
Odie

I think that is a good idea, I was talking to Lutzd about that while he was still here, and he thought it was a good idea also...wouldn't be too hard to pull off then people could post away what they wanted. But then he left and I haven't heard anything else about it.

I got told I was a prude over the last naked photos ....and yes, they were naked, that someone posted up that they got over the net. When it was removed, I got told it was my fault and that I didn't have a sense of humor.

I don't care about that, I hate being told what I am or aren't, I couldn't care less if people wanted to share pictures of themselves or other things they um look at on the net, but don't do it on a family forum! If there is an AO section, then fine. But I think that it's wrong that I have to be careful what I open on a G rated site.

How would the people who are fathers feel if naked men in various poses were put up in the Australian snake forum and your 7 year old daughter saw it when you opened the thread...I don't see why it's any different when it's pictures of women, it's taken less seriously for some reason, but I still had to go through that with my child.

But for some reason that means I don't have a sense of humor.

Can't we all just be friends? And stop arguing over, really, unimportant things?

Like Slateman, this is a community, lets all just make an effort to get along.

I wonder what some of you do when you take your kids to the beach, or maybe beaches should be AO and you need a password to get on there.

Its was all in fun and not bad taste at all.

any more revealing than that bikini i dont think should b allowed and i do know it can be hard for mods to be online 24/7 as i can be online at times without anyone else here
but the mods do do a great job of editing and i feel sorry for them when 2 or more people start posting lots even more so when its in more than 1 thread as they must have trouble keeping up

also i dont think that this site should have an adult section it is fine how it is

I'm not talking about that thread last night, I was talking about some naked photos that stayed up for a good couple of hours a few months ago. I remember members getting a ban for life doing that a year (?) ago.

How can you compare a beach to photos of posing naked women in your face on the computer screen? :lol:

Fact is that this is promoted as a family site, it's G rated, we have younger members here, so why do it? Why would you want kids to see that stuff?

Da_donkey that is a da dumb thing to say kids, seeing bikinis on the beach and kids seeing a pair of boobies with a snake wrapped around em on a public reptile forum is a tad different!
Or has all this head banging done some real damage? :shock:
Oh by the way my own boobies were deleted from the forum for being too rude!!So prude Im not!!

Odie

sorry mis read

anyway

you said
"I'm not talking about that thread last night, I was talking about some naked photos that stayed up for a good couple of hours a few months ago"

a couple of hours OMG whats your point as i said b4 mods arnt here all the time they do have lifes as well

jeramie85 said:
do you cover your kids eyes when you walk along a public beach?

Thats not the issue Jeramie, this is G rated site, so why do it? Why is it okay for it to be here, on a site that is G rated, that children read? There are millions of things on the net people can go and look at and post to like that, so why bring it here?

There is a rule against it even if people want to read the forum rules.
I would be surprised if you as a parent of a daughter would be okay with naked men being on here in sexual poses and you being okay with her seeing it.

And to you second post, I'm saying that people should actually use their brains and not post things like that...I'm not blaming the mods, I'm blaming the idiots that put it there that act like horny teenagers but are adults.

im guessing this is about the nide pic??

well if there was a nude pic on here and my daughter did see it yes i wouldnt be happy about it
but if it was removed im not really going to care about it as i said before mods cant be there in every thread all the time so yes occcasionally some things do slip past them but yes the problems are fixed

yes you are right why do it?? as i said before about sending it in pms if they really want to do that stuff

also you have to remember this is a very well kept site
you do a search for say a black headed python and tell me you dont get any nude pics
here you do a search for the same thing and you get info

any way im loosing myself again

no its not acceptable to post pics like that
yes the pics do get removed
no i wouldnt be happy if my daughter saw pics like that
no i wouldnt complain if they were removed which i know they would be

ive lost what i was going to say sorry
will let you know if i remember

I love how the children get to laugh at the adults for arguing over crap that they probably dont care about lol
At what age do you stop being a kid anyway??

I dont know anything about naked pics on here and if that was the case then it was wrong.

All im saying is there was nothing wrong with the pics of gordon on the other thread, and i would have no dramas letting my kids see that thread.

Peace in the middle east :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back