Chit Chat posts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Nome!
As a parent of an 8 year old son and a 9 year old daughter oh and a 22 year old son (too late for him) my kids see enough nakedness on the tv and other media types and believe me my boy knows what boobies are,but they are children and their innocence is something i want them to hold onto for as long as possible.They grow up and learn about sex soon enough without it being pushed upon them whilst looking at a reptile,rodent or any other non sex related forum. :shock:

Let common sense prevail
If people didnt post em
The mods wouldnt have to delete them

Giving Mods a big pat on the back you doing a fine job people :mrgreen:

Odie

ill stop being a kid when my granchildren stop being kids
as i enjoy being a kid moreso when im around other kids

i agree with da_donkey

also im lost my head is not working properly

sorry nome

i think were arguing about the same thing

but im not communicating properly

also just re read your post there is more in it than last time i read it
so maybe im missing things from slack eyes

That's exactly my reasons Odessa.

Da_donkey as I've said twice now, i wasn't talking about that thread.

Jeramie, I agree, but go get some sleep now :lol:

I actually disagree with you Donk, I think the photo posted by Gordon (?) was frankly just silly, not offensive, but I do think the responses to it were predictable, and not in very good taste at all, and went on far too long, to the point where it became a competition as to who could make a smarter, sillier comment than the last one. I'm not setting myself up as an arbiter of "good taste", whatever that may be, either. I just know I didn't see much of it on that thread last night, and copped a couple of very nasty PMs for suggesting they'd all been sucked in by a dimwit. (Who may actually be smarter than I've given her credit for, considering the response she got!)

Jamie.

PS Hope you'll still buy your rodents from me!

heres another idea i thought id put out there,
how about a java chat client for the chit chatters, that way it wont clog the forums, ive seen it on other herp sites and it seems to work well.

kersten,
i feel like i have to keep repeating myself, im not saying theres an 'elite' group or all so-called 'newbies' are getting flamed, or all experienced herpers are rude, im just saying that some people should think before they speak, and stop jumping on the bandwagon of insulting others etc, come on people, were all more mature than that.
i can have my sillyness and fun at times as much as the next person, but ive seen what starts as a fun, turn agressive very quickly.

becswillbe i think the java chat client is a great idea. Also MSN is a great idea, its much easier than 2 people chatting on a forum. Since i've been on here, which isnt that long, i have noticed how the number of herp related threads have been going down, and the number of absolute drivel has gone up.

I say add Java client, or chat on msn.

*puts flame suit on*

Slateman, I don't think the majority are asking that the Chit Chat be removed. Chit chat is an essential part of building rapport.

We are simply asking that the Chit Chat content be taken off the 'scolling new posts' feature.

At the moment, unless you browse by forum, there is no avoiding chit chat and as has been pointed out by some of the members in this thread, time is often of the issue. Browsing individual forums does take time.

If chit chat was taken off the scrolling post feature, just as the 'for sale' stuff has been, then reptile interested people can use the scolling view or homepage view
http://www.aussiepythons.com/index.html

and the people that want to see everything can use the 'view new posts' feature at the top of the discussion forums.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/PNphpBB2.html

Everyone gets kept happy. :)

Pythoninfinite said:
I actually disagree with you Donk,

PS Hope you'll still buy your rodents from me!

NO WAY JAMIE, theres no way im getting any more quality ,cheap snake food from you again!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

P.s and your definatly not getting the money i owe you now........how dare you have a different opinion to me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, I forgot about the money!!! Can I take it all back? For a little while at least :oops: No wonder my wife says I a hopeless businessman!

See ya soon, J.

I agree too! let it stay in the chit chat bit and if you want to read it then go there, no harm done then. :)

And yeah, msn is good to use too!

I, like others, got to page 4 and got very bored of this thread. So I will keep my response brief as all bases may already have been covered:

Remove Chit Chat from home page - nothing wrong with chit chat, however its doing the site no good to have a covering page full of random topics of nothingness (not to say that aren't important). The reason I joined this site is because the first time i clicked on the page I had many questions answered.

There are quite a few people in this thread complaining about chit chat and getting very high and mighty that are actually part of the problem. It is proved by the amount of posts they have put in this thread.... and no I am not talking about the likes of alienpunk - he knows he does it! I'm talking about that people that just have to have either the last word, or put in 1 or 2 word responses, or give there 2 cents worth.

To the oldies (of the site, not in age), its all very well saying newbies come here to ask questions..... a lot don't now because of the "this has been posted 1 billion times, just do a search" response.... don't like chit chat - don't post these or like responses.

This site is dying, I won't leave, I still get some value out of it..... but many won't stay around........

Tada! Enjoy the new patented "dual scroller" system. Feedback would be appreciated.

It seems to be really SLOW for me though. How do most people use these, just to see if there's any new posts as they browse the forums?

I suppose what I want to know is exactly how many recent posts should be in these boxes? If we can limit it to say 7 for general herps and 5 for chit chat, we could drop the scrollers all together!

What's the chances of adding another 5-10 posts to the 'Last Forum Posts' list on the home page?

Thank you :)

It looks very flash and gives Chit Chat it's own 'important' look. I doubt anyone can be upset over that !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back