chondro enclosure thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be great if this is her 'true' color?

Nice snake there, Andrew. :)

regards,

CJ

very nice Andrew, the branches look great like a jungle effect.

Thanks CJ & Sarah,
No doubt you both are day dreaming of your plans for your perfect GTP enclosures!
I look forward to seeing them.

I love this setup. i dont have any greens but would love to get some in the future. the setup looks awesome with all of those branches. how could it get bored in there lol. do you think this sort of setup would suit say a nice jungle or coastal?

Yeah I think you could do something similar for any Morelia really, but Jungles would do very well in something like this IMO. I would probably fit in a floor & elevated hide also. Probably should try it for the greens and see what they do?

Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_3407.jpg
    IMG_3407.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_3416.jpg
    IMG_3416.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 263
this is our gtp enclosure , not really a DIY because its a exo terra but we modified it a bit the mesh lid is gone and replaced with a mdf lid .

A couple of mine. I post them before but one more time won't hurt. :)

i wanted to ask what is on the sides of the enclosure in the 2nd pic Michael, it all looks fantastic i bet it keeps them very active at night !

Last edited:
Looking good Sarah, I hope its holding the temp better for you now.

i wanted to ask what is on the sides of the enclosure in the 2nd pic Michael

I asked Michael the same question when I saw his pic, hope you don't mind me answering for him-
he told me it's dry tree-fern fronds that he put through a mulcher & glued on with aquadhere glue.

oh thanks Andrew i would never have guessed it was that.

it is holding perfect temp and humidity, we had more of a problem with humidity before with the mesh top , that is all gone now, and my other half is well and truly hooked he wants to get another gtp .

No time for housework.Clean washing on the couch,heat up last nights leftovers,and keep your eye on the clock for bedtime.mum's going out to shed for a while...hahahahahaha

I added some vertical roots and it's amazing how they actually use them. You don't try - you don't know.

The same way you clean poop in any other enclosure. Sometimes it takes more time but I don't mind doing it.

Great enclosure. I like the decorative arrangements.
I am making chondro enclosures from 10mm thick granite sheets or slates. Stone absorb the moisture and is easy to clean. Also front glass opening is good for cleaning of poop. my only week point is that I newer get in to decorating inside to do such a nice job.

Ha, ha, ha, funny that you're going to use slate. :D
Are you going to seal the slate?

When we think GTP enclosure, we think perches. Look at this little fella, resting on the top of the "canopy".

Last edited:
Ha, ha, ha, funny that you're going to use slate. :D
Are you going to seal the slate?

When we think GTP enclosure, we think perches. Look at this little fella, resting on the top of the "canopy".

I newer seal stone enclosures. Point is that stone absorb humidity and release it slowly. This create excellent environment for chondro.
There is no need to seal also for simple reason. it is so easy to clean. After all what can go wrong with hard stone. water don.t damage it and mice have no place to hide there.
Sorry for stealing this topic. That was not my intention. i just wanted to compliment on great arrangement.

I'd be interested to see what you create slateman, it would be a very unique enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back