Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks great, but to be honest iv never seen or heard of them. after a quick search i cant find anything either. can anyone give me abit of info on these guys and possibly some more pics?
thanks for sharing jason... you've got me very interested.

yeh, looking forward to more pics! are they an actual adder, or is that just a nick-name? very nice looking little snake!

Nah, Just a old school nick-name "Mud-Adder", as they are often found in and around muddy areas, they are frog eaters, but most will go onto pinkies without much fuss unlike some of the other class 1 elapids.

Hi JasonL, from your experience are the larger class 2 elapids, ie RBBS etc. easier to learn from than these little DeVis Bandeds? Or are these little guys a good stepping stone into the larger guys.

Regards.
Ewan.

Good stuff Jason ....dont mind the little mud adders..hodges has a nice set too ..fingers crossed for both you guys that you end up with bubs..

Hi JasonL, from your experience are the larger class 2 elapids, ie RBBS etc. easier to learn from than these little DeVis Bandeds? Or are these little guys a good stepping stone into the larger guys.

Regards.
Ewan.
RBBS would be way easier ...no where near as finicky and much easier to care for if you have not had much experience with vens ..

Awesome little fellas,when you say Dwarf,how small are adults compared to the normal Death Adder..What is a reasonable price for these...

So they're not deadly poisonous?
How big do they grow and can I have one in Qld on a Recreational License?

So am I reading this right? RBBS's require an advanced licence but are easier to care for by first time ven keepers, but mud adders (still being dangerous) are on basic licence and harder to care for??

Seems very much like NSW government logic to me.

So am I reading this right? RBBS's require an advanced licence but are easier to care for by first time ven keepers, but mud adders (still being dangerous) are on basic licence and harder to care for??

Seems very much like NSW government logic to me.

I think the difference might be a RBBS can kill you and a De Vi's will not .

That's understandable, but I thought it would be common sense for all vens to be on advanced licence.

That's understandable, but I thought it would be common sense for all vens to be on advanced licence.
they are in QLD...alot of the lesser vens are actually harder to get feeding and even though the RBBS is a more toxic ven ...looking after it is easier in a sense ..is the point being made not talking about if you cop a bite from it ,you dont wanna cop a bite from any ven really ..

nope TM all elapids are on lic 2 in QLD ...

Where does it say this? It clearly states more dangerous types that are listed are restricted, but i have talked to them about this a few times and they have always come to the conclusion that you can keep less dangerous elapids on a recreational licence.

Where does it say this? It clearly states more dangerous types that are listed are restricted, but i have talked to them about this a few times and they have always come to the conclusion that you can keep less dangerous elapids on a recreational licence.
I think you will find if you ring the 1300 368 326 and push button 1 and speak to someone there you will be told NO ...all venomous snakes in QLD are on the same permit ..which is not the basic permit .

What about brown tree snakes? I know for a fact that those can be kept on a recreational licence. Pretty sure whips snakes can be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back