Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't always make much sense, rbb... I like our licensing system, don't get me wrong, but if things were to be done properly, I don't think newbies should be able to walk out and buy a perentie or a scrubby either. Having said this, I like the fact that if I want to, I can :lol:
If I had the right setup and plenty of space a perentie would be nice :lol::lol::lol:
but I also know that they are big mother of reps and I should start out with a pygmy first;);)
(am aware of my capabilities)

ravan said:
brown trees are classed as colubrids arent they? then yes, colubrids can be kept on a rec licence because they are rear-fanged?

Yes, they are. I was assuming redbelly meant any venomous snakes, however. Not just elapids.

All of which are very hard to get a hold of, well I've found anyway..

People say that all the time, but i see a fair few class 1 elapids for sale on all the sites.

I think the real problem is that people say they really want them, but dont want to pay what the sellers are asking for them. Strange.

Gee, and I thought this thread was about DeVis??? not Qld's lic rules ;)

Yes phac, thats the story with plenty of things, people go gaga over pictures on the net, always saying "put my name down ect" without asking the price first... I have had plenty of people seriously keen on these things, but I plan on holding most of them back for myself to get some good stock, very few people have done much with this species.

zx-5.jpg

zzzzz-8.jpg

a few old pics

Nah, no pics of the Dwyers as yet, yes slack I know...and they are ral lookers too... maybe I'm jussed pissed at them for biting me :lol:
No worries Slacker, I'm never concerned about offbeat posts... but 2 pages of ;) lol.

G'day guys,

As much as it pains me to admit it - Redbellybite is right. The legislation, like any government legislation, has so many loop holes, contradictions and just plain confusing crap in it. The legislation that Lee is quoting does specify most of the "dangerous" species of elapids, but in another section of legislation, there is a blanket ban on all elapids on a recreational permit. I had to chase this up last year for somebody who wanted Whips.

G'day guys,

As much as it pains me to admit it - Redbellybite is right. The legislation, like any government legislation, has so many loop holes, contradictions and just plain confusing crap in it. The legislation that Lee is quoting does specify most of the "dangerous" species of elapids, but in another section of legislation, there is a blanket ban on all elapids on a recreational permit. I had to chase this up last year for somebody who wanted Whips.
I know your pain ...when I have to agree with you too Jonno :lol::lol::lol::lol:
but as (mature adults:lol:) we have to put that away and agree when its appropriate ....;)

And as much as its immature I TOLD YOU SLACKER AND CRIS na na nee na na :D

They are really calm....as long as they are stone cold :lol: I almost lost the other one getting these pics as it jumped out of the tub and was thrashing all over the shop, almost made it under the racks...

Nice 'Mud Adders' Jason :)

G'day guys,

What legislation is it in? I have quoted the part of the code of practice i was refering to. Is following the code of practice a legal requirement?
Dangerous or venomous snakes may only be kept by experienced people who have been issued with the relevant authority to keep restricted species.
If this is correct it would also apply to colubrids such as tree snakes.

Okay, I concede, I was wrong it seems. For those interested, the relevant information can be found on page 80 of the Nature Conservation (Wildlife Management) Regulation 2006.

Okay, I concede, I was wrong it seems. For those interested, the relevant information can be found on page 80 of the Nature Conservation (Wildlife Management) Regulation 2006.
and where is my 'i'AM NOT WORTHY and your getting down on one knee and begging me to forgive you lmao;)" ...oh and yeah better include Jonno in on that as he was the one that pointed it out too ....' anyway believe me if Jonno could prove me wrong he would and he loves doing it he would be the first to say NA NA NEE NA NA :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back